Author Topic: I may be homeless soon + personal update (update: I now have an apt!)  (Read 20860 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: I may be homeless soon + personal update
« Reply #40 on: Friday, August 24, 2018, 05:30:37 AM »
That's great to hear!

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #41 on: Friday, August 24, 2018, 05:37:51 PM »
I put down a deposit today and contacted power, water, and internet. I sign the lease on the 31st (1 week from today), and all my utilities will be turned on the same day. I did end up getting the 2 bedroom for the 1 bedroom rate.

I was going to do a video walkthrough but I was so excited about actually getting a place that I forgot.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: Friday, August 24, 2018, 10:20:50 PM »
That's really good to hear. I hope things get better for you and stay stable at your new place.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 12:08:20 AM »
Hell yeah man, things are looking up.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 09:09:09 AM »
I'm so glad to hear that things are on the upswing for you. Keep the momentum going!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, September 01, 2018, 07:19:47 PM »
Good luck mate, hoping you get in!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 12:10:41 PM »
 I’ve updated people on Discord already, but I thought I should go ahead and update here as well.  I got into the apartment and all is well.  I had to spend most of my money to get in, with deposits for the apartment and utilities and what not.  So I haven’t been able to get any furniture or anything, and the place is still pretty empty. It’s nice to have a place of my own though, and soon enough I can start filling it with furniture and making it my own.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: I may be homeless soon + personal update (update: I now have an apt!)
« Reply #47 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 09:18:16 AM »
I am so glad to hear that. Honestly, it's really heartwarming to hear about someone that's had such a struggle work as hard as you have to get out of it. It sounds like you know what you want and have a general idea on how you plan to get there.

I'm really happy for you!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 09:49:18 PM »
Sorry, I missed this. Congratulations. How are you doing now?

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, August 04, 2019, 06:15:11 PM »
It's been a while. I skimmed the entire thread to refresh my memory of what I have and haven't talked about already.

I've been in my apartment almost a year now. (Moved in the beginning of September, 2018.) I posted a video before of my van setup, so here's a walkthrough of my apartment for contrast. Yes, I'm very excited about having central air/heating. Also, that's my old mattress that had metal pieces stabbing me as I slept. I still haven't looked into how to dispose of it. I could use some more furniture, but I've managed to pick up the basics. I used my backpay to get a couch, TV, a new bed, a microwave, and all the small things like dishes, a shower curtain, soaps, etc.

I've been in therapy now for 2 years, maybe 3? I'm not sure. I'm still making slow but steady progress. I still go to both 1 on 1 sessions and group sessions weekly. I'm still struggling with learning to trust people. I don't really have any friends locally, so I still spent a lot of time alone when I don't have anything going on. I've managed to turn working out into part of my daily life, instead of just something I struggle to keep myself doing. I go to the gym 4x a week, lift weights and follow that up with cardio. It helps me feel better about myself, more accomplished, and it also helps by keeping me from sitting around the apartment by myself all day.

Unfortunately when my mom's lease ran out, she moved back into town, and lives less than a mile from me. Not in the same apartment complex, but very close. She still tries to get me to do things for her all the time, but I think she's slowly starting to learn that I won't help her with things that she could be doing herself. (I shouldn't have to go with her every time she wants to go grocery shopping, but when she bought a recliner and needed help moving it, that was fine.) Oh and for her cancer, they put her on hormone therapy and that got rid of it completely, so she's fine in that regard.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: Monday, August 05, 2019, 11:17:21 PM »
Great man, glad to see that you're doing well.  Are you enjoying everything.

As a side note, your apartment is nicer and bigger than mine so I'm at least moderately jealous.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2019, 07:08:08 AM »
Great man, glad to see that you're doing well.  Are you enjoying everything.

It's crazy thinking back to my time in the van. I sort of can't believe I lived like that for almost a year. I can go back through my journal app and see just how depressed I was though. It really was the lowest point in my life by far, and my current situation might be my highest. There's still a lot I need to work on though.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #52 on: Monday, August 12, 2019, 01:15:42 PM »
That's a nice spread!  That apartment is laid out very well.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 01:56:44 PM »
That's a nice place. Congratulations! It looks inviting. I almost want to come over and play games with you.