Author Topic: Terrace House  (Read 798 times)

Offline ender

Terrace House
« on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:19:06 AM »
So one of my coworkers got me into this show. Has anyone seen it? It's a Japanese reality show like the original seasons of the Real World, where strangers in their 20s live in a "Terrace House" in Tokyo. There are also commentators (mostly Japanese comedians are actors) who are very funny. I am pretty much obsessed with it right now, about 15 episodes into the "Girls & Boys in the City" one. I like that it basically doesn't do any of the nastiness or fake drama of American reality television and is quite slow paced  allowing the small, nuanced tensions to build up as they do in real life when cameras are not on. I also like most of the people on the show, they seem like thoughtful, engaged kids.

It's bizarre how addicting it is.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Terrace House
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 21, 2017, 06:29:35 AM »
I loathe American reality shows of this nature. Would be curious to see what a Japanese one was like. What are you watching on?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ender

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 04:26:49 PM »
It's on Netflix. They partnered with Fuji TV in Japan to bring the show back, apparently it's becoming a huge international hit now.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 06:13:05 AM »
Nice, I'll check it out!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ender

« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 08:05:37 AM »
Start with "Boys and Girls in the City"  it's set in Tokyo. The newer one is in Hawaii... haven't seen it yet, but the one in Tokyo is so good I don't know if the next can live up to it. Mainly because I like the people on the show so much.