Author Topic: Terrace House  (Read 6044 times)

Offline ender

Terrace House
« on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:19:06 AM »
So one of my coworkers got me into this show. Has anyone seen it? It's a Japanese reality show like the original seasons of the Real World, where strangers in their 20s live in a "Terrace House" in Tokyo. There are also commentators (mostly Japanese comedians are actors) who are very funny. I am pretty much obsessed with it right now, about 15 episodes into the "Girls & Boys in the City" one. I like that it basically doesn't do any of the nastiness or fake drama of American reality television and is quite slow paced – allowing the small, nuanced tensions to build up as they do in real life when cameras are not on. I also like most of the people on the show, they seem like thoughtful, engaged kids.

It's bizarre how addicting it is.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Terrace House
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 21, 2017, 06:29:35 AM »
I loathe American reality shows of this nature. Would be curious to see what a Japanese one was like. What are you watching on?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ender

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 04:26:49 PM »
It's on Netflix. They partnered with Fuji TV in Japan to bring the show back, apparently it's becoming a huge international hit now.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 06:13:05 AM »
Nice, I'll check it out!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ender

« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 08:05:37 AM »
Start with "Boys and Girls in the City" – it's set in Tokyo. The newer one is in Hawaii... haven't seen it yet, but the one in Tokyo is so good I don't know if the next can live up to it. Mainly because I like the people on the show so much.