Author Topic: Super Mario Odyssey  (Read 1745 times)

Offline ender

Super Mario Odyssey
« on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 07:43:38 AM »
I bought it on Friday, only really got to dig into this weekend. So far, I'm loving it. The level designs are so varied in their challenges – it really is a unique take on the Mario franchise. There are lots of boss battles too, which helps provide a real sense of achievement throughout the game. I'm loving using "Cappy" – I think it's a much needed advancement in the Mario series to make it feel fresh and is extremely fun to use. I would say this is very similar to Zelda: Breath of the Wild in it's expanse and clever use of gameplay mechanics – though obviously has a much different feel to the open world.

I love that Nintendo is pushing so many good titles out with the Switch and all of them have a very hard focus on wonderful gameplay mechanics and are not afraid to get really weird with their ideas. There's several areas where you can turn into a giant clothes zipper and unzip entire sections of a mountain to gain access to closed off spaces. So weird, so wonderful.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Super Mario Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:46:14 AM »
Nintendo seems to be killing it with the Switch. Need to get my hands on one.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 02:05:03 PM »
This and Zelda have me wanting a Switch.  Hard to believe it's finally here.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:56:34 PM »
I've come to the point of the games swaying me. It all looks so good. I've definitely bounced around on my opinions of the Switch and even console ownership in general, and it hasn't really changed since I'm broke and have no time for games anyway ... but there's no denying this stuff looks like so much fun.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ender

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 09:54:28 AM »
I've been really impressed with the Switch. I haven't even touched my PS4 since I bought it back in April. Hoping the swell of good games keep coming – I especially like that lots of indie games are being ported over.