Author Topic: Call of Duty: WW2  (Read 2409 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Call of Duty: WW2
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 01, 2017, 06:19:56 PM »
GameRant - More info on CoD: WW2 Loot Boxes as Air-Supply Drops.

In fact, Call of Duty: WW2 explicitly rewards players for standing around and watching each other open loot boxes in Headquarters.

According to interviews that Sledgehammer did in August, doing so will increase a player’s social score which will, in turn, lead to a higher chance of getting better loot box contents.

All of the players who participate in the loot box opening viewing will be rewarded too.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 01, 2017, 09:48:18 PM »
This is all kinda weird.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 02, 2017, 07:22:10 AM »
God I hate video games.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 02, 2017, 07:42:03 AM »
In fact, Call of Duty: WW2 explicitly rewards players for standing around and watching each other open loot boxes in Headquarters.

According to interviews that Sledgehammer did in August, doing so will increase a player’s social score which will, in turn, lead to a higher chance of getting better loot box contents.

All of the players who participate in the loot box opening viewing will be rewarded too.

Brilliant.  Turn the scourge of loot boxes into a social game.  Then players will not only ignore the alarms the rest of us are raising, but they'll go all in, with smiles and eager anticipation.  Machiavelli would be proud.

God I hate video games.

I hate what the big publishers have done to them over the past couple of years, so much so that I don't see myself buying any of their infected output.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 02, 2017, 02:05:29 PM »
I see another videogame market crash in our future.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 02, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »
I see another videogame market crash in our future.

Yup. Dev's and pub's are spending too much on developing and marketing these games, especially in the AAA space.

And there's too much copying of game-styles of late, too - i.e. increase of more open-world games under Ubi-Soft style, throw RPG elements on top of every genre, stealing Batman Arkham's combat, stealing Dark Souls combat, add in micro-transactions galore, etc etc.

Not every game needs to be at least 30+ hour epic time-sink, either.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 02, 2017, 03:53:55 PM »
This is not in CoD: WW2, but...
Activision just filed a patent for letting players to do a one-click (like Amazon) in-game purchase of stuff via microtransactions.

So, basically...you die; you see Killcam replay of your death; game tells you what weapon enemy used and its stats in a pop-up; and you have an option to buy the weapon right then and there (instead of unlocking it from playing, grinding, and earning it); then if you decide to buy then you can Amazon-style one-click to purchase it without any hassle (i.e. b/c you allowed the game to saves your financial/credit card info) or you can input your CC info and then you get your weapon.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 03, 2017, 08:03:43 PM »
I'm sure many idiots look very forward to more easily parting with their money.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野