Author Topic: Desert Bus  (Read 1709 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Desert Bus
« on: Monday, November 27, 2017, 11:42:05 PM »
Returns!

Desert Bus VR is now out on Steam for free. Don't let the VR in the name fool you, you can play without VR.

It the Desert Bus you know and love. Drive from Tuscon, AZ to Las Vegas, NV in a bus with a top speed of 45MPH. In real time. It takes 8 hours. Across a mostly featureless desert. The bus also pulls to the right constantly so you can't just stick a key down and let it run because if the bus runs off the road the tow truck will tow it back to Tuscon. Also in real time. If you make it to Las Vegas...congrats! You earn 1 point and now get to drive back to Tuscon!

Unlike the old original game, there is a radio in this one. It starts with an interview with Penn Jillette about the game, where the idea came from, etc. I don't know how long it is or even what comes on the radio after that.

Its free, its weird, its neat. I almost want to just pile up some podcasts one day and make the drive once.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Desert Bus
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 12:18:28 AM »
I've always sort of wanted to try this. Sounds like a good "have some beers and drink for a while" experience.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Desert Bus
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 04:11:58 AM »
This kind of reminds me of when a couple of friends and I would go to the video store and find the most godawful looking movie and waste part of our lives watching it.