Author Topic: Battlefield V  (Read 3974 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 30, 2018, 03:48:53 PM by MysterD »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Battlefield V - Update: DICE is prototyping a Battle Royale Mode
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 09:47:32 PM »
Battlefield doesn't seem all that conducive to it, to be honest.   The series has always been about teamwork in large scale battles and while I don't think the mode will hurt really I just don't really see why.  Focus on what you're good at.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 03:59:48 AM »
Seems like every game is now chasing the successful PUBG & Fortnite Battle Royale craze.
COD: Black Ops 4 is supposed to have Battle Royale mode also.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 05:00:59 AM »
Honestly... I think with the Battlefield team they could really blow this out of the water. Between PUBG and Fortnite, there's a sweet spot in between the two that could maximize the best of both worlds. Sure EA could just make another BF sequel (don't listen to gpw, he never played BF One), or they could put their talent and financial backing to good use and make a game that has huge space maps and a variety of combat vehicles. But I know what you're thinking, "Sure PUBG has had bug issues and it still feels like early access, EA would make something just as bad with their track record." How about an inventory interface that isn't complete fucking trash? Or perhaps a better looking environment that doesnt feel like a setup fake bomb testing village every where you go? Perhaps give some better background or story setup to keep coming back to? Hopefully they can keep loot crates away after they learned their lesson, but I think BFV could be extremely promising if they really capitalize on the common shortcomings of the battle royale craze. 

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 07:55:25 PM »
How dare you

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 07:41:55 PM »
Battlefield at least makes more sense than the other games rumored to have BR mode. I've heard Battlefield, Call of Duty, RDR2, Dying Light (only 6 player though), and I'm sure a few others that I'm forgetting. Battlefield at least already supports large maps and large player counts.

As soon as a competent developer can do what PUBG is doing, but without the bugs and poor gunplay, PUBG is dead. I enjoy the game and I hate to see it die off, but it's success is based on a serious lack of competition. It's exactly what happened to DayZ when H1Z1 came out, and H1Z1 when PUBG came out. The fanbase moves to the newer, better playing game. At least with Fortnite it's different enough that it and PUBG can coexist. I know a lot of people are already tired of hearing BR rumors for so many games, but I'm honestly excited about the possibility of getting one from a more competent developer. Everything other than Fortnite has been smaller devs and indie teams trying to build something on a small budget.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Battlefield V
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 30, 2018, 03:49:25 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 04:27:31 PM »
BF5 - Single Player Campaign Trailer:

&feature=youtu.be

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 04, 2019, 04:03:39 PM »
Battlefield Currency added to Battlefield 5 for MTX purposes to buy in-game stuff w/ real-world money:
https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-5-currency

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 04, 2019, 05:39:08 PM »
Premium currency inside a game you pay money for? How about no.