Author Topic: RAGE 2 announced  (Read 5043 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: RAGE 2 announced
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 14, 2018, 03:53:24 PM »
Gameplay trailer will be released tomorrow. Wont make any judgements until thats out, but hopefully its cool. I kinda like the bright colors in the live action trailer so we'll see what thats about.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 07:08:44 AM »

Looks ok. Getting some strong Borderlands vibes.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 03:21:22 PM »
Awesome trailer.
I hope RAGE 2 leans more to the FPS side and not too much to the ARPG/looter-shooter side.
I don't need another Borderlands, gameplay-wise. I want another RAGE, gameplay-wise.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 06:52:26 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 08, 2018, 07:45:49 AM »
GameRant - RAGE 2 is probably going to be a Bethesda Launcher exclusive.

- RAGE 2 is right now offered on Bethesda's Launcher ONLY for that platform (Steam isn't listed).
- FO76 was exclusive already to their Bethesda Launcher.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 08, 2018, 09:09:02 PM »
I don't think I want another RAGE at all. This seems like a weird move. That game better be a lot fucking better than the original if it's going to be something to push the launcher.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 09, 2018, 07:48:39 AM »
Doesn't seem like a "weird move" to me at all.

Sounds like a "business move".

They are flat-out cutting out Steam's 30% distribution fee by skipping Steam; it's really as simple as that. They did that (cut out Steam at launch) already w/ Fallout 76, launching only on Bethesda Game Launcher. Plus, w/ their own service, they have more control over its Refund system.

Also, Bethesda Game Launcher doesn't have a Steam User Review system either - again, something else they can cut out & avoid entirely.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »
RAGE 2 (PC version) is up on Gamersgate for sale (pre-order).

Not that it's on discount or anything.

But, just pointing out - yup, it's using Bethesda Game Launcher there; that's the DRM Listed (Bethesda.Net).

R2: Regular - https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RAGE-2-AMERICAS/rage-2
R2: Deluxe - https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RAGE-2-DELUXE-AMERICAS/rage-2-deluxe-edition

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 03:56:31 AM »
It's a weird move because they're choosing to make exclusive a game that I don't think anyone cares that much about. That just seems like it's going to hurt sales that probably already had the potential to not be especially amazing. That or more people want it than I think. If I was Bethesda, that's not the game I would have hung my exclusivity hat on.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 02:35:11 PM »
They are probably just moving in that direction. Fully expect Doom Eternal and the next Elder Scrolls games to be the same.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 05:27:49 AM »
Perhaps I'm not explaining myself well.

Sure, one would expect Bethesda to head in this direction at some point, but Doom is the obvious choice for making that push. Doom has 40k+ reviews on Steam and was widely liked. RAGE is also mostly positive in its whopping 7k reviews, but half the positive reviews are like "it was cool, 3.5 stars I guess". With Doom, everyone loved the first one, it was a big surprise to most, people are pumped for the second one, it's a big name with a long history, and the last game was pretty recent so its still on everyone's mind. RAGE at this point is to one degree or another synonymous with disappointment, even if the 2nd one looks like it could be cool: engine wasn't great, buggy on PC, most of the advertised features that weren't "shoot dudes" nobody really liked that much. After all the bad press from Fallout 76, just seems like the last thing you want to do is make a big announcement that your weak-ass launcher that nobody actually wants to have installed is now going to have another exclusive game people aren't exactly clamoring for. It'll hurt sales on an already marginal game and yet still give you bad press because you're forcing an exclusive, which people (especially PC people) always hate. Fallout 76 I imagine got away with it because it's an MMO, so whatever, but for something like this a launcher update and Doom exclusivity would have been a lot smarter. Or Elder Scrolls. People still would have been annoyed because the launcher is, in fact, actually garbage, but at least then you'd have a strong product to take their eyes off that, and you'd be less likely to have to worry about people not buying the game because your launcher sucks.

I guess at least they didn't try to lead with WET 2.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 05:49:31 AM by Quemaqua »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 12:32:40 PM »
Nah, I get it. You kinda need a "killer app" to get people on board with something like this and a sequel to Rage doesnt seem like a game to fit the bill. But hey, maybe they have high hopes for it after how well Doom was received. Though Fallout 76 kinda sucked all the enthusiasm for Bethesda out of the room.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 11:05:31 PM »
Yeah. I guess those plans were likely already in the works well before Fallout 76 took a shit on their reputation. Had it not been for that it wouldn't have seemed like such a bad move.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 20, 2019, 11:09:49 AM »
With all the platform exclusivity surrounding recent PC titles (Epic Games Store exclusives, 1st party exclusives etc.) Bethesda made a surprising move announcing that their games will be available on Steam as well as their own launcher, giving customers the choice of platform on PC.

This seemed like a consumer-focused move until I saw the price of Rage 2 on Steam! On Bethesda's online store the standard edition of the game goes for $60 USD, however on Steam it's going for $70 USD. The Deluxe Edition goes for $80 on Bethesda store and a whopping $97.5 on Steam.

I'm sure there is a regional issue there that is dictating the pricing but at this rate they seem to be racking up the price to mitigate Valve's cut from digging too deep into their profits. They're practically saying "You want it on Steam? Pay Valve's cut."

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 20, 2019, 02:22:32 PM »
With all the platform exclusivity surrounding recent PC titles (Epic Games Store exclusives, 1st party exclusives etc.) Bethesda made a surprising move announcing that their games will be available on Steam as well as their own launcher, giving customers the choice of platform on PC.

This seemed like a consumer-focused move until I saw the price of Rage 2 on Steam! On Bethesda's online store the standard edition of the game goes for $60 USD, however on Steam it's going for $70 USD. The Deluxe Edition goes for $80 on Bethesda store and a whopping $97.5 on Steam.

I'm sure there is a regional issue there that is dictating the pricing but at this rate they seem to be racking up the price to mitigate Valve's cut from digging too deep into their profits. They're practically saying "You want it on Steam? Pay Valve's cut."

RAGE 2: Deluxe here in the USA is showing $80 on Steam.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 06:30:59 AM »
Perfect.  For a reasonable price, buy here.  On Steam at any cost, here ya go.  Maybe the idea will spread.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 03:15:53 PM »
RAGE 2 -- REVIEWS:

Critic averaging sites:
Metacritic - PC. / PS4. / X1.
Opencritic.

Scored out of 10:
IGN - 8
Worthplaying - 7.5
GameInformer - 7
PCGamesN - 7.
GameSpot - 6

Scored out of 5:
GamesRadar - 3 1/2.

No Score:
VG247 - RAGE 2 Review.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 13, 2019, 03:38:28 PM by MysterD »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 04:25:36 PM »
Hmmm, seems like something to wait for a sale on.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 17, 2019, 03:08:35 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 09:43:18 AM »
Eurogamer / Digital Foundry - A look at performance on RAGE 2 for X1, X1X, PS4, Pro:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-why-rage-2-is-best-played-on-xbox-one-x-and-ps4-pro

Eurogamer / Digital Foundry - Another look at RAGE 2 performance, video-form:

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 01:02:05 PM »
I didn't really care all that much about which launcher is running which game as long as it was first-party (e.g. Ubisoft titles on Uplay, EA titles on Origin etc.) but I truly regret buying the Bethesda Launcher version of RAGE 2. Even though it was about $30 cheaper than the Steam copy (due to regional pricing issues); had I know Bethesda's launcher was this terrible I would have gladly put up the extra cash just to avoid using it. That launcher is flat out damaged. Aside from technical issues it's just poorly designed.

Anyway, RAGE 2 is 33% off on Steam right now.