Author Topic: Sinclair's attempted acquisition of Tribune Media  (Read 6674 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Sinclair's attempted acquisition of Tribune Media
« on: Monday, July 16, 2018, 09:59:37 AM »
As much as Ajit Pai has been public enemy number 1 as far as I'm concerned for his actions surrounding net neutrality, I have to give him some credit with his and the FCC's response regarding the Sinclair Broadcast Corporation's attempt to acquire Tribune Media. It looks like they are making moves to scuttle the deal.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/16/fcc-sends-sinclair-mega-deal-to-likely-doom-722423

For those that don't know, Sinclair and Tribune Media are companies that own many local television stations. Sinclair has some pretty concerning practices with regards to things it makes their affiliates run on-air, and if Sinclair was able to purchase Tribune Media, they would own most of the local television stations in the country and therefore allow for indoctrination of even more viewers with far-right propaganda.

Here's a Last Week Tonight with John Oliver segment about Sinclair, focusing on the content they force affiliates to run.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Sinclair's attempted acquisition of Tribune Media
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »
Sinclair creeps me out. Good that it is getting some pushback.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 01, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »
Sinclair is the devil. Ashley actually saw a job opening for them and was like no way, not for a million bucks.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 01:05:01 PM »
Wasn't Sinclair the villain in the game SiN?