Author Topic: Monster Hunter World  (Read 2362 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Monster Hunter World
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 04:13:18 PM »
[Place-holder]

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 05:59:19 PM »
I've been playing this the last week or so. Adjusted some settings and I get mostly 60FPS, though when some crazy shit starts happening it will drop. Was in a 4 player hunt, we all did super moves at the same time and my framerate tanked into the 40s, but other than that its been pretty good.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 03:02:55 PM »
Ewww @ a framerate drop form 60fps to 40fps. Not good.

What syncing method are you using? V-Sync? G-Sync? Adaptive Sync? Fast Sync?
Did you turn down any settings to try to maintain 60fps?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 19, 2018, 09:02:59 PM »
V-sync on, I dont have a fancy monitor with other options. I turned a few settings down mostly because they don't make major visual changes and would help me keep the framerate up. Honestly though for the most part while playing I don't notice the drops. I turned my framerate counter off and just play.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 20, 2018, 04:44:54 PM »
V-sync on, I dont have a fancy monitor with other options. I turned a few settings down mostly because they don't make major visual changes and would help me keep the framerate up. Honestly though for the most part while playing I don't notice the drops. I turned my framerate counter off and just play.
V-Sync is a framerate-eater. I normally don't use it and just will cap the game somewhere (internally or externally w/ MSI Afterburner or Nvidia Inspector) - often at either 30fps or 60fps, since that's what most games support anyways. Depends on how the game performs and if I have any graphical issues.

If they have issues - though, that's when I use V-Sync.

With a game as demanding as MHW supposed to be - yeah, I'd definitely keep my frame-counter on and mess around w/ stuff.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 20, 2018, 09:35:52 PM »
Well I guess its not v-sync. The game just has an option to cap at 60 so thats what I do.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 03:14:47 PM »
Well I guess its not v-sync. The game just has an option to cap at 60 so thats what I do.

A lot of games have in-game V-Sync. Do you have it enabled or disabled?
If you really need it, you could always force it on via NVidia Panel or NVidia Inspector.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 08, 2018, 06:07:57 PM »
I beat the story, which is not really the end of the game. Now I start fighting tempered monsters and building even better gear. I guess I had good timing because the game was patched the other day to fix certain effects that were causing big FPS drops, and the last couple boss monsters would do them all the time, so I didnt have to deal with that. Also finished up their connection issue fixes and I've played a bunch online without issue. If I want to hunt a monster for parts I tend to just search for SOS flares for that monster and join others already hunting it.

This game is great.