Games > General Gaming

Frustrating Games

(1/3) > >>

nickclone:
I'm not talking about bad games or broken games, I mean frustrating games. I watched 30 minutes of gameplay of Darksiders 3, I'm trying to beat one (already had 2 for a year), but this game is excruciating.

Darksiders: I was told this game is like God of War with the puzzles of Zelda...which it is. Except Nintendo has perfected the explaining of puzzles in their games. They don't have to tell you exactly what to do, but they give you an idea of what can be done. Darksiders doesn't give you the pieces needed to complete tasks. I've been playing games for 30 years, I've never had to run to YouTube to figure out a game, let alone this much to finish it. They add new elements to the puzzles, things you would never figure out on your own. I just want to beat this game so I can move on to number 2, this game is no longer fun for me.

Witcher 2: I didn't really like this game to begin with, but I want to move onto 3. As I type this, my save has been "trying" to load this whole time. If I have to go back, even 30 minutes, I'll probably never play this game ever again.

idolminds:
Decided to play some Destiny 2 since I got it for free. Its fun enough but the PVP aspect of it leaves me frustrated. TTK is super short and it feels like I'm dead before I can even turn to respond. Top that off with everyone having some kind of "ultimate" ability which pretty much means they can 100% one-shot you and its like...why am I even playing this?

Xessive:
I remember a particularly frustrating segment in Heavenly Sword on the PS3... Kai's Mission.

With the checkpoints so far apart, this entire segment was an exercise in frustration for me.

I really enjoyed Darksiders and I loved Darksiders II, so it's disheartening to see the mostly negative reception of Darksiders III. I'm still gonna play it and see for myself.

nickclone:

--- Quote from: Xessive on Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 08:30:32 AM ---I remember a particularly frustrating segment in Heavenly Sword on the PS3... Kai's Mission.

With the checkpoints so far apart, this entire segment was an exercise in frustration for me.

I really enjoyed Darksiders and I loved Darksiders II, so it's disheartening to see the mostly negative reception of Darksiders III. I'm still gonna play it and see for myself.

--- End quote ---

Bad reception? I watched the first 35 minutes of it, it looked pretty good.

Quemaqua:
It's mostly people complaining that it isn't the same thing the first two games were. It's got more difficult combat and they took out a lot of the side stuff. No idea if that's a legit complaint or not. It seems like a lot of the side stuff in the second game especially was just kind of fluff and not worth doing, so maybe they doubled-down on the story and other stuff to try and get away from that? Either way it looks good to me, I watched some play of it.

I enjoyed the first game, though I never quite finished it. I don't remember having any difficulty with it. I also didn't have any issue with Witcher 2, though we discussed that in another thread, if I remember right. Maybe just YouTube the story shit and get on with 3? 3 isn't for everyone either, but for different reasons, and that game is fucking phenomenal.

I'm trying to think of really frustrating games. I know I've had times that drove me nuts, but I'm having trouble remembering anything specific off the top of my head.

I do remember this one area in Hexen (I know, I'm old, shut up) where you're running around a sort of highlands area with caves and stuff, and there was some shit with a key you had to find that I couldn't find. I ran into it the first time I played the game and got stuck for ages until I figured it out, and then again when I played it years later. At least years later there was GameFAQs and I got through it more easily, but that one experience stands out to me even though I forget the specifics. Though that wasn't by and large a frustrating game. Real good times otherwise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version