Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 5457 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 28, 2019, 04:44:25 PM by MysterD »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Borderlands 3 might be coming.
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 03, 2018, 09:54:50 PM »
No surprise if they go back to the well given how much they've fucked everything else up since Borderlands 2. They've kinda been running their name through the mud for a good while now.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 09, 2018, 07:17:46 AM »
I still need to get back to the Borderlands 2 DLC's and actually start-up BL: TPS.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 28, 2019, 04:43:10 PM »
Borderlands 3 - Official Developer Trailer:

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 28, 2019, 05:04:39 PM »
If you all want a laugh you should find an archive of their announcement livestream from Pax East. It was a total trainwreck, haha.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 29, 2019, 07:16:44 AM »
Train wreck, why, the Epic Store hate frenzy?

Lots of familiar faces in that trailer.  Looks like Tina survived to grow up for a few years, so I guess that dates the new game setting pretty well.

Edit:  Yong answers my question:

Such a shame they had so many technical difficulties.  Yong touched on my concern about the lynch mob out for Epic blood.  He speculates that perhaps that's why Gearbox said nothing about specific release platforms like PC storefronts (to keep the hate away from the presentation).

Personally, I'm very hopeful this turns out to be as awesome a continuation of the Borderlands universe as it seems to be.  I've been replaying 2 for a few months now, not because of this.  It just happened that way.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 29, 2019, 08:12:23 AM by Cobra951 »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 01, 2019, 03:33:21 PM »
There's been rumors for a few weeks already, as Randy Pitchford engaged some Epic Store exclusive talk w/ Twitter users recently:
https://www.techpowerup.com/253747/borderlands-3-possibly-exclusive-to-epic-games-store-on-pc-fans-worry-based-on-old-tweet?cp=2

Now, there's tweets today that got deleted about it hitting Epic Store on September 13th:
https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands-3-release-date-leak/

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 01, 2019, 05:40:02 PM »
Let the crap-storm continue...

From Randy Pitchford, on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/1112833886113992706

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 02, 2019, 06:07:32 AM »
Some story brought that bolded tweet to my attention earlier.  I completely agree with Randy (this time), maybe because I've never felt attached to Steam in any way.  But even if I were, I don't think I'd be having the shit fits I see all over the internet about having to use a different online storefront to buy some big games.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 02, 2019, 09:30:48 AM »
Exclusive is always a bad thing for the consumer - limiting the number of channels to get a game from, platforms they are on, places to buy them, and pricing/sales. This can keep costs up for the consumer - which is a tactic Microsoft and EA like to use w/ their PC services; especially on their bigger & premium titles.

Steam-required games can be sold anywhere that is accepted from retail to digital (if the retailer or digital store wants to sell it), while we ain't seen Epic allow for games using their service to be sold on Gamersgate, GreenManGaming, Amazon, etc.

Epic's client app/store is quite bare-bones and so is their lack of features. No Cloud Save support, no Achievements, no Big Picture, no built-in controller support for PS3/PS4/other controllers, etc etc.

Epic's not always informative for what DRM their games use on a game's page on their store, either - meanwhile Steam notes what additional 3rd party stuff is there.

I already have a ton of game-client apps, as is.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 02, 2019, 03:19:51 PM by MysterD »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 02, 2019, 10:25:04 AM »
Epic Store games can be sold on Humble. So they are rolling that stuff out.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 02, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »
Epic Store games can be sold on Humble. So they are rolling that stuff out.

That's only one 3rd party place, so far.

What about Amazon? NewEgg?
Retail stores like Best Buy, Walmart, and/or Target?
Gamersgate? GreenManGaming? Fanatical?

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 02:48:00 AM »
Exclusivity creates competition D. Which encourages each store front to be less of a lazy piece of shit like Steam has for the last decade.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 03:48:17 AM »
Exclusivity creates competition D. Which encourages each store front to be less of a lazy piece of shit like Steam has for the last decade.

It forces competition, as it forces somewhere to get the game from...as it's the only place in town to get said game.

Putting a game on every store lets gamers actually choose where to actually get the game. I want it to be on GOG, Steam, Epic, everywhere - this way, I can pick the one w/ either the best price and/or features.

When Epic actually has features worth a damn, which it currently doesn't and is way behind the competition (it's more so behind than Uplay, Origin, and even GOG), maybe things will get interesting for them.

Hell, there's no game-time tracking on Epic Store. All the other stores, who are also bare bones for the most part and not feature-rich like Steam, even have the time-tracking - Uplay (in some games, most of the newer ones got it), Origin, and even GOG.

Microsoft Store/XBox App for PC is currently garbage. It's right down there w/ the Epic Store.

While Epic is doing a great job of giving benefits to dev's and pub's (that 88/12 split is really good for dev's/pub's, as Epic's rolling in crazy Fortnite MTX money - and of course any extra cash they are tossing to dev's/pub's to become 1 year exclusives), it isn't doing anything for the consumer right now.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 09:03:07 AM by MysterD »

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 05:28:02 AM »
I like your style D. You countered my point by breaking down all the benefits of it which outweighed yours. I don't know whether to give you a high five in agreement or pat you on the head.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 02:49:26 PM »
@Pyro,

Why can't I have both (the high five and the pat on the head)? ;)

Anyways, what one might see as con's, I see as pro's. If a game's gonna be forced to be attached to a service to boot the game (especially if the app's a full-blown requirement and serves as DRM), it better serve me. I don't want a lightweight app; I have very good gaming laptop (EVGA SC15) and a solid desktop, so I can handle it.

I want Cloud Saves, User Reviews, Friends List, Achievements, Time Tracking, Streaming Option, Big Picture Mode, Controller Support, Screenshot Capturing/Sharing, User Created Guides, Steam Workshop (for mods), Forums, etc etc.

Though, I do think GOG does the client-app thing best: as it's optional. I can use it, if I want to...or not. In an ideal world for me, GOG would have all the features Steam has built into GOG Galaxy and everything on there would be DRM-FREE. Oh, and GOG would be making more than $7.8K a year too; way more.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 04, 2019, 10:00:36 AM »
"Borderlands 3 is Officially Official - Mayhem is Coming September 13 MAYHEM IS COMING SEPTEMBER 13 The original shooter-looter returns, packing bazillions of guns and . . ."

So reads the subject line of an email I got at 11:21 AM from Gearbox Software.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 07:01:15 PM »
GreenManGaming selling Borderlands 3. So yeah, that stuff is getting rolled out.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 05:09:40 AM »
Sounds like all versions are a technical mess.

Sounds like it's in "Early Access."

Polygon on Borderlands 3 PC version issues galore: performance issues, stuttering issues, fps issues, etc - https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/14/20865983/borderlands-3-pc-problems-stuttering-framerate-fps-dropping-steam-forums

Eurogamer on console issues & PC issues and gamers looking for somewhere to talk about them besides Steam Forums - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-14-borderlands-3-is-suffering-from-a-raft-of-technical-issues-at-launch

YongYea on tons of console version performance issues, PC issues on BL3, BL3 only sent to specific outlets could be tampering with the Metacritic average score, etc etc:

Hardware Unboxed on Youtube - On how to get better performance on BL3 PC -

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 03:27:02 PM »
Looks like many Borderlands 3 PC players are having Cloud Saves issues w/ Epic Game Store version:

BL3 PC Cloud Save issues:
- Many Borderlands 3 PC players are having Cloud Saves issues.
- Many gamers & even some reviewers are losing hours & hours of progress.
- If it asks you which save to use (physical or Cloud), be careful; know which one's most up-to-date.
- Some times, the wrong files are being overwritten.
- Some times, you get an error...and it won't load your save.
- Might be worth backing up Save files now and then.
- Might be worth turning Cloud Saves OFF, until it's fixed.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 03:12:16 PM »
Borderlands 3 is 2K's fastest selling game in their history at 5 million copies in 5 days:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-23-borderlands-3-is-the-fastest-selling-game-in-2ks-history_

Notes:
- Borderlands 3 is 2K's fastest selling game in their history at 5 million copies in 5 days.
- BL3 is also the highest selling game for 2K in a 5-day windows on the PC in their history
- 70% of BL3 players bought BL3 digitally
- BL3 has sold already double what BL2 sold in BL2's first week of sales
- BL franchise has generated $1 billion in sales, becoming the 2nd 2K franchise in their history to do so.