Author Topic: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive getting review-bombed since going F2P.  (Read 2116 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive getting review-bombed since going F2P.
« on: Sunday, December 09, 2018, 06:33:48 AM »
PC Gamer - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive gets reviewed-bombed with 14,000 negative reviews on Steam in one day for going F2P.

Here are some of the complaints:
1. The game went F2P, which didn't sit well w/ owners that did spend $ on it already.
2. Some owners feels b/c it went F2P, they should've gotten some other free special items/badges/etc for buying it.
3. Some owners want a refund since it went F2P.
4. Some are afraid the game will be opened-up to more cheaters.
5. Changes to Prime Matchmaking system - i.e. you had to hit Rank 21 and add your phone # to become Prime before F2P; now anyone who bought CS:GO before F2P launch is in the Prime Matchmaking system.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive getting review-bombed since going F2P.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 05:32:11 PM »
Sounds like a bunch of whiners to me. Only people that should be upset is if they bought the game fairly recently. That would be a bummer. But a lot of these reviews seem to be from people with hundreds to thousands of hours in the game. I think you guys got your moneys worth.

Cheaters is a legit worry since you can make dummy steam accounts and get right back into CSGO now. Youd lose the "prime matchmaking" unless you buy it so at least that would keep cheaters in the non-prime matchmaking...which sucks for everyone else that isnt prime.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive getting review-bombed since going F2P.
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 12:28:20 AM »
There's an attractive alternative, though: go play a game that's actually good instead.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野