Author Topic: Beyond Good & Evil 2 to be an online-only game.  (Read 2179 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Beyond Good & Evil 2 to be an online-only game.
« on: Saturday, December 22, 2018, 09:18:37 PM »
Bluesnews - BG&E2 is an online-only game.

You can play it solo, but you'll have to be online at all times to do so.

But, the game's (supposedly) really built to be played online for its seamless navigation, Dynamic updates/Live updates, and to play with friends.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 to be an online-only game.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 22, 2018, 09:18:49 PM »
[Place-holder]

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 23, 2018, 06:20:52 AM »
I've heard every place holder Beyond Good & Evil 2 post that's made, delays the game 182 days.

It's fact.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 23, 2018, 06:36:03 AM »
I'm so tired of this trend.

Seems like AAA companies, dev's and pub's, want to stick online-only onto everything - to support online-only DRM, prevent piracy, set-up MTX's, set-up for Live Updates/Service, and other non-sense.

I'm so tired of this trend. I just want to play my game, no matter what's going on with my end of the connection and/or what's going on w/ their end (on their servers).

This can't be cheap, maintaining servers for every buyer to play the game on.

I always thought Diablo 2 had the best idea: play offline or offline, your choice/option. I just wish they found a way to keep cheating-out when they employ the choice to let players go either online or online, in which this seems like the only good thing to come from Diablo 3 PC being online-only as it kept cheating down - even though I'd really like D3 PC to get an offline mode, when the numbers die down...to preserve the game.

I'm okay w/ companies creating new franchises and sticking those w/ online-only, as I don't have any attachment to these. Yet, they keep taking Single-Player franchises like Elder Scrolls (with ESO) Fallout (with Fallout 76), and now BG&E (with BG&E2) - and making them online-only. Really growing tired of this trend.