Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance  (Read 2749 times)

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
« on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 03:28:47 PM »
I'm surprised this game isn't being talked about more on here, I thought you guys would be all about it. Anyways, this game has been out for almost a year now and I've been keeping my eye on it. I don't have an Xbox1 (I'll get it after I pay rent), but I really want to play this game and heard it was quite buggy. Well, its been a year, has anyone played it, is it any better?

I've watched a lot of videos on YT trying to get a feel for this game. It seems to be an action RPG/survival/medieval sim where you have to sleep, cook, eat and bathe. Everything you do has to be learned, even reading. I haven't exactly figured out how the leveling system works, but I believe it works a bit like Morrowind. Anyways, any thoughts on this game?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 04:12:21 PM »
I havent really looked at it. But then I'm only kind of getting into survival games (Subnautica, No Mans Sky).

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 06:29:15 PM »
I havent really looked at it. But then I'm only kind of getting into survival games (Subnautica, No Mans Sky).

I think the survival aspects are somewhat mild, maybe Hardmode in New Vegas where you have to eat, drink and sleep. Its kinda odd, in my old age, I want more control in my video games.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 12:52:49 AM »
This one did look pretty cool, and I think people did like it despite the bugs and such. I never really looked into actually playing it myself. Seemed like more than I felt like diving into. I don't really have much time for games these days, and when I do play them they're in Japanese.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 03:50:10 PM »
I'm surprised this game isn't being talked about more on here, I thought you guys would be all about it.

Not been cheap enough to suit me.

Especially when I already got a huge backlog of games already.

Especially when many are big and time-sinks worth of RPG's backlogged...such as Witcher 3 GOTY, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin 1, DAI's DLC's (from GOTY Edition), ME2 DLC's, ME3 DLC's, DA2 DLC's, and who knows what else that I can't think of at the moment.

It was $25 with a few other games on GOG once in a bundle (Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun & Battle Chasers: Nightwar are the other games - also backlogged!), some months back - but I already had the other games elsewhere (i.e. Steam)....and wasn't thrilled w/ the deal b/c I owned the other stuff already. If I didn't own those other titles, I probably would've picked it up then.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 04:53:43 PM »
Not been cheap enough to suit me.

Especially when I already got a huge backlog of games already.

Especially when many are big and time-sinks worth of RPG's backlogged...such as Witcher 3 GOTY, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin 1, DAI's DLC's (from GOTY Edition), ME2 DLC's, ME3 DLC's, DA2 DLC's, and who knows what else that I can't think of at the moment.

It was $25 with a few other games on GOG once in a bundle (Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun & Battle Chasers: Nightwar are the other games - also backlogged!), some months back - but I already had the other games elsewhere (i.e. Steam)....and wasn't thrilled w/ the deal b/c I owned the other stuff already. If I didn't own those other titles, I probably would've picked it up then.

I have at least 30 360 games I haven't finished or played, I think its finally time for me to move on to the next generation.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 07, 2019, 03:10:46 AM »
After spending quite a lot of time with this game, I have to say...this is the "Skyrim Killer" everyone is always looking for. This game does everything better than Skyrim: leveling up, sleeping, eating, combat, perks, alchemy, etc. The only thing I can think of that this game lacks, is a crafting system. You play the son of a blacksmith, but you don't actually craft anything, all weapons and armor must be bought, found or stolen.

When this game first came out, I heard is was basically crippled by bugs. I played it a year later after patches and updates, as of now, its less buggier than Skyrim ever was while I played it. I've had the game crash on me a few times (Xbox1), but nothing to the point where I would call it game destroying.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 05, 2019, 03:34:37 PM »
KC: Deliverance (base-game) Steam-version is one of the early unlocks for next month's Humble Bundle Monthly for $12.