Author Topic: Death Stranding  (Read 1052 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
    • MysterD's XFire Blog
Re: Death Stranding
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 11, 2019, 05:32:36 AM »
Alanah Pearce on the "PS4 exclusivity" being dropped and that it could be coming to the PC:

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
    • MysterD's XFire Blog
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 03:47:27 PM »
Kojima Productions confirms Death Stranding is coming to the PC in Early Summer 2020:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-28-death-stranding-confirmed-for-pc

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 11:32:07 PM »
Thats cool. Still no idea what the game is even really like but if its good I'll at least have a shot at playing it on PC.

Offline ender

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 03, 2019, 04:22:01 PM »
I'm going to pick it up on Friday. This game looks insane... I always enjoyed Kojima's games, and excited that this is almost completely un-categorizable from most the reviews I've seen. We need weirder games.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 03, 2019, 11:42:59 PM »
I'm going to pick it up on Friday. This game looks insane... I always enjoyed Kojima's games, and excited that this is almost completely un-categorizable from most the reviews I've seen. We need weirder games.

I don't know much about it, but what I do know is it's either REALLY for me or not for me at all.  Completely agree with what you're saying though.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
    • MysterD's XFire Blog
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 04, 2019, 04:43:59 AM »
GameRant - Kojima himself says Death Stranding is a reaction to Trump and Brexit:
https://www.gamesradar.com/hideo-kojima-says-death-stranding-is-a-reaction-to-trump-and-brexit/

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
    • MysterD's XFire Blog
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 09, 2019, 07:32:33 AM »
Kotaku on Death Stranding - get to Chapter 3 ASAP:
https://kotaku.com/psa-get-to-death-stranding-chapter-3-as-quickly-as-pos-1839720986

Notes:
- A lot of the action & equipment is found in Chapter 3.
- They advise you to mainly only do the main stuff in Chapters 1 & 2, to get to Chapter 3 fast...
- ...Then do any of the side stuff later, whenever.
- Kotaku feels Chapters 1 & 2 are similar to DA: Inquistion's Hinterlands area, so...getting out of there ASAP is their advice.

Offline ender

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 10, 2019, 12:06:51 PM »
I'm in Chapter 3. So far, I love the game. It's so weird. I don't find it very tedious, there's actually something super satisfying about carrying around all of this cargo and finding ways to deliver intact, while fighting off cargo jacking nutjobs and giant squids. It has that technical precision and fetishism that the later Metal Gear games had, which I appreciate. It is a really strange game, but oddly addicting.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
    • MysterD's XFire Blog
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, November 10, 2019, 07:12:50 PM »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 07:50:11 PM »
I feel like there needs to be a demo of this so I can figure out if I will love it or hate it. 

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 08:24:39 AM »
I've seen enough of this now that I think I can say pretty firmly that I would like the gameplay and be disappointed by everything else. The story appears to be total nonsense without much to tie it together, doesn't go anywhere satisfying, and doesn't respect its players well enough to not be heavy handed about constantly reiterating its metaphors. Which is a shame, because there's some bonkers shit in there that could have been fun to see where it went. I've heard varying things about the gameplay, but it looks like something I could enjoy, at least for a while. But I doubt I'll end up grabbing it. I've got too much else to play, no money, and not a lot of patience for stories that don't respect the player.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野