Author Topic: Fun with asian cinema  (Read 2792 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Fun with asian cinema
« on: Saturday, December 16, 2006, 12:04:43 AM »
Today I was in a store called Big Lots...bunch of closeout type stuff. I always check out the PC games because sometimes they have something cool. Nearby are the DVDs. Normally its a bunch of crap, but something stuck out. They had a copy of Time and Tide for $2. I had rented it before and it was pretty sweet, so score! That made me look through the rest.

I picked up 2 more movies. The first was "Tube"...its the movie Speed in korean, but with trains and more/better action. Some of the sections I guess dont translate well, like...OHHH, they are going to switch the train to another track! 3...2....1....SWITCH! HOLY SHIT! Maybe its a korean thing, I dunno. Otherwise its an enjoyable flick.

I also grabbed Black Mask 2. Now, I didnt get a chance to see the original with Jet Li, and its guaranteed to be better than this. I was surprised that it was all in english. The plot is terrible and makes no sense, and hes fighting bad guys that are only slightly less retarded than the enemies on Power Rangers. I wouldnt go out of my way to watch it, but might be fun if you're drunk, stoned, or both. With friends it might be funny to just make fun of it all.

As a side note, they had several copies of Charlies Angles: Full Throttle for $2 each, and thats still overpriced for that piece of shit. Not even the lure of the women could get me to finish that thing.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Fun with asian cinema
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 16, 2006, 12:08:14 AM »
Yea I got Time & Tide a few years ago. Xessive saw it with me I think, and we both liked it.