Author Topic: Woodstock Square panorama  (Read 4818 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Woodstock Square panorama
« on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 04:11:04 PM »
Linked because the boards would smoosh it.

It was pretty dark (best time for christmas lights pictures is just after the sun goes down...this was too late), but the lights were so pretty I wanted to try capture the scene. I would have killed for a wide angle lens. Instead I tried to capture a bunch of photos and make a panorama. I used the program AutoStitch...which is amazing. I just put the pics in and bam, it spit this out. I did some minor color adjustments in PS, resized, and here it is.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Woodstock Square panorama
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 07:49:19 PM »
Dude, that's completely awesome.  I would never know that wasn't a real panoramic shot straight from the lens.  Great!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2006, 12:08:07 AM »
Cool picture Idol. I recently stumbled across a website that has gotten me very interested in digital photography, thought you might want to check it out, it's http://www.dpchallenge.com/, stands for digital photography challenge. Basically, there are weekly challenges, such as the recent one, which was "dirt". There are contest rules, such as how much post processing is allowed, and users vote (the photographer remains anonymous until after voting ends) and the winners are announced. It's a great site as far as tutorials, though, and lots of experienced people, professionals and whatnot, and there is lots of forum activity. I'm going to start submitting, but I doubt that I will score high at first, especially because my camera blows hardcore. Anyways, yeah, check it out, you have more a knack for this thing than I do.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2006, 06:40:25 AM »
Cool, I'll have to check that out.