Author Topic: Tomb Raider: Anniversary Edition  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Tomb Raider: Anniversary Edition
« on: Monday, December 25, 2006, 02:46:45 PM »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary Edition
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 25, 2006, 03:17:58 PM »
This is exactly what I've been wanting for years.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 25, 2006, 08:17:22 PM »
I second that.  I've hated every Tomb Raider game since the first, so as long as they don't completely fuck this up, it could be really great.  I loved the first one.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 07:17:42 PM »
Yep, the first one is by far my favourite! I enjoyed Legends, it was a major improvement over the mediocre Tomb Raiders from Core. This one is definitely something I'm looking forward to.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 04, 2007, 01:26:36 AM »
Here are some screenshots, courtesy of 3D Gamers.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 06:36:54 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 24, 2007, 04:02:20 PM »
Yep, the first one is by far my favourite! I enjoyed Legends, it was a major improvement over the mediocre Tomb Raiders from Core. This one is definitely something I'm looking forward to.

Tomb Raider: Legend could use a price-drop, right about now...I could go for something different.

I never bought Angel of Darkness -- did they ever patch that game up to anything respectable on the PC? I remember when I ex-neighbor bought that I thought the controls were kind of wretched.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 24, 2007, 04:08:33 PM »
I bought TR:L (Xbox version) for $10 about 3 weeks ago at toys r us.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 25, 2007, 08:06:38 AM »
I bought TR:L (Xbox version) for $10 about 3 weeks ago at toys r us.

PC version of Legend needs to be *that* cheap!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 06:23:54 PM »
Lara returns with TR: Anniversary on June 5th, 2007 for the official release date (for the PC and PS3 Versions).

ara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary Dated [April 24, 2007, 7:56 pm ET] - Post a Comment
Eidos announces June 5, 2007 as the North American release date for both the PC and PS2 editions of Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary:

Redwood City, CA – April 24, 2007 – Eidos Interactive Ltd., one of the world’s leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, today confirms that Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary will be on store shelves throughout North America from June 5th, 2007 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Windows PC.

As one of the most successful games of all time, selling over seven million copies worldwide, the original Tomb Raider was widely credited for revolutionizing adventure gaming. Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary offers players a brand new adventure, inspired by Lara’s original adventure.

“Tomb Raider: Anniversary offers Lara fans something highly original, but also offers gamers who are new to Lara, a completely fresh and new action adventure game,” said Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Robert Lindsey, Eidos, Inc.

Created with an advanced version of the engine used for Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend, the gameplay mechanics, artificial intelligence and level puzzles of Tomb Raider: Anniversary are now more refined, in-depth and complex. The technology has also enabled all of the nostalgic environments from the original adventure to be envisioned on a much grander scale. Most importantly, Tomb Raider: Anniversary faithfully preserves the elements which made the original such a success.

“The original Tomb Raider made Lara Croft into the digital icon that she is today,” said Director of Marketing, Matt Gorman, Eidos, Inc. “Tomb Raider: Anniversary is our way of paying tribute to Lara Croft and the history of the franchise by exploring the roots of what made the Tomb Raider game successful.”

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is developed by Crystal Dynamics and will be on store shelves June 5th, 2007 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary on the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system will be released shortly thereafter. 

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2007, 07:38:55 AM »
Thanks for the update MysterDeez! ;D

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 08, 2007, 10:32:59 AM »
Worth noting -- this PC game will be on sale at CC for all of next week at $17.99, starting tomorrow.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, September 08, 2007, 12:13:21 PM »
Cool, I honestly really enjoyed it. Crystal Dynamics have revived the TR series.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, September 08, 2007, 01:22:57 PM »
I was re-trying the demo, w/ my X360 PC controller -- yeah, I'm much quicker w/ that controller than the KB/mouse controls or my old Logitech Controller.

I'mma go get it tomorrow.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 09, 2007, 04:29:54 PM »
I went and bought this. Yeah, so far, it's really good. Quite impressed, so far.

Looks great and runs great -- and that's w/ stuff maxed-out. Beautiful looking game.

The KB/mouse controls are good, actually. But, I'm definitely much quicker w/ the controller -- I always was, w/ game w/ lots of platforming; such as Psychonauts and PoP: SoT.

Anyways, yeah -- I'm liking this game. A lot.

Oh, another thing. Even though there's checkpoint saving here ONLY (For saving), they seem to be always right around the corner, not too far away at all. So, that's a good thing.

I'mma go play some more. This one's a gem of a remake.

EDIT:
Boss Battle in Peru
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 09, 2007, 05:29:47 PM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 09, 2007, 11:34:43 PM »
I went and bought this. Yeah, so far, it's really good. Quite impressed, so far.

Looks great and runs great -- and that's w/ stuff maxed-out. Beautiful looking game.

The KB/mouse controls are good, actually. But, I'm definitely much quicker w/ the controller -- I always was, w/ game w/ lots of platforming; such as Psychonauts and PoP: SoT.

Anyways, yeah -- I'm liking this game. A lot.

Oh, another thing. Even though there's checkpoint saving here ONLY (For saving), they seem to be always right around the corner, not too far away at all. So, that's a good thing.

I'mma go play some more. This one's a gem of a remake.

EDIT:
Boss Battle in Peru
(click to show/hide)

Sweet! I'm glad you're likin' it man :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: Friday, April 03, 2009, 02:47:22 PM »
I tried the demo out and decided to buy it. I haven't played a TR since the first, which I barely touched back then. It doesnt' control like I thought I remember. I thought it was like Max Payne with platforming, but it's more like a console platformer. I tried the mouse+keyboard first, but the 360 controller makes it way better.