Author Topic: ghost in the shell 2  (Read 3035 times)

Offline beo

• Veteran
ghost in the shell 2
« on: Monday, December 25, 2006, 08:23:39 PM »
i just watched it and i think i nearly went insane. it's amazing. at first the mix of cgi and traditional anime style irked me, but once i got past that, i was completely sucked in. the incredibly fucked up messages regarding life, reality, etc, left me feeling like i'd had the most visually stimulating philosophy book ever crammed into my brain. the other person i was watching it with didn't really understand it, and i think it could potentially clash with people's religious views, but it really made a lot of sense in my fucked up head.

i can't stop obsessing about my interpretation of the film and.... arrrgh. it's stimulated parts of my mind that i haven't used in years.

so someone must of seen it - what did you think?
« Last Edit: Monday, December 25, 2006, 11:21:03 PM by beo »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: ghost in the shell 2
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 25, 2006, 08:42:14 PM »
I liked it.

I think.

WTF?

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 25, 2006, 11:11:10 PM »
I saw it at theaters and enjoyed it very much and yeah it is a bit much to take in when you first watch it, I went in seeing that movie after having watched most of the animated series so I was used to the similar, philosophical dialogue.  You should watch the Ghost in the Shell animated series if you liked the movie, its called Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex.  There are two 26 episode seasons, 1st GIG and 2nd GIG.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 12:47:40 PM by TheOtherBelmont »

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 12:45:47 PM »
I've watched the first Ghost in the Shell several times and I still don't understand it.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 01:14:12 PM »
It was an interesting movie.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2006, 12:28:13 AM »
Yea I saw it once, it was really insane but I really liked it. Actually Ive been meaning to watch it again.