Author Topic: "Well, we gotta pay off this trip somehow"  (Read 2184 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
"Well, we gotta pay off this trip somehow"
« on: Tuesday, January 09, 2007, 03:12:36 AM »
http://www.local6.com/news/10685989/detail.html

Best line from the article:

How hard did he hit you, (son)?"
Click here to find out more!

"Pretty hard," Jerry Monaco Jr. replied. "I could still feel it even though he was wearing the padded gloves.

Best line from the video on the response statement:

"There is no question that a costumed character hit a teen at Disney, but what is in question is the motive.  Some are calling it an accident, others; retaliation.  We'll let you decide......"

and

"Well look at that, that is Tigger hitting a 14 year old boy ... Tigger put a teen in an arm lock and then slugs him with a left hook."

Best lines from digg.com

If that is a hit, then I'm suing Gap.

My Gap shirt hits me everytime I try to put it on.

It seems that being hit by a tigger makes people contract vaginitis

I mean, come on his dad probably hit him harder, look at the guy.

"how hard did he hit you? as hard as i normally do? or as hard as i'm gonna hit you if you don't say the right thing to put us on the winning side of a law suit?"

I wish Tigger would have beat the dad senseless and then mounted the mother. All this while Jihadist youth of the same age are learning how to make bombs and shoot AKs.

i like how the kid's all decked out in the best Hot Topic has to offer, then it cuts to him whining about being touched by a cartoon tiger.

Note 1: There is also a post on Digg from a few hours ago from someone that lives there saying the news is now reporting that there may be a lawsuit for neck injuries

Note 2: Close your eyes and watch the video report.  Imagine that they're actually talking about Tigger...the cartoon tiger.  Awesome.

But the best part of this little comedy goldmine by far is the links on the bottom of the news page:

Previous Stories:

* September 23, 2004: Disney Character Faces More 'Touching' Accusations
    * September 22, 2004: Tigger Character Suspended By Disney Again, This Time As Goofy
    * August 6, 2004: 'Tigger' Found Not Guilty Of Molesting Girl

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
Re: "Well, we gotta pay off this trip somehow"
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 09, 2007, 05:00:19 AM »
it seemed to be such a safe quiet job.. dancing around and frolicking in as a mascot.
Taken.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 09, 2007, 05:29:45 AM »
I heard about this yesterday.  What a fucking pussy.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 09, 2007, 06:04:08 AM »
I saw it on TV... wtf? He didn't even hit him.

When I was about 13 we went to magic land in Bangkok, that is basically Disney land or something. Anyway there was a parade and the witch followed Snow White. She came up to me and started mock scaring me.

Now I was big for a 13 year old and witch wasn't all that tall, and had a huge green nose. I don't know what set me off, but I punched the green ugly witch on the face and the dude lost his balance and fell. My parents were embarrassed/upset/humiliated.

Cools

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 09, 2007, 11:09:45 AM »
Mmmkkk... Doesn't even look like a hard punch. Looks almost by accident. Plus the camera footage ain't all that convincing, the camera is down and only goes up when he "punches him", we have no idea what happened before. Considering how aggrivating the dad is, I wouldn't doubt if this was provoked at all.

Oh, and I love how they ALWAYS go "I just want an appology", yeah, and that's why you're making a big deal about it and contact the local news agency?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 08:04:31 PM »
Well after watching the video, it definitely doesn't look like an accident.  Tigger clearly wraps up the kid's arm and pulls him towards him, and it does look like a punch.

I have to assume the kid was talking shit to him or doing something funny with his hand behind his back.  I can't imagine there is any reason at all that whoever was in that costume would just randomly grab some kid and punch him.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 11, 2007, 05:39:21 PM »
I can't imagine there is any reason at all that whoever was in that costume would just randomly grab some kid and punch him.

Probably not, but that would be much more hilarious.

I never saw the full vid, only a couple second clip from a teaser of the news that only showed Tigger kind of inadvertantly brush his hand against the back of the kid's head which I can only assume wasn't the actual incident in question.

Oh, and how stupid is the guy in the Tigger suit.  If you're going to punch a kid at least have the good sense to do it when his father isn't standing directly in front of both of you with a video camera attached to his face.

Edit: I noticed that the full clip is in the article posted, it looks like a punch to me, although I would be interested to see what happend in the time after the video cuts away.