Author Topic: "New" Castlevania  (Read 1798 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
"New" Castlevania
« on: Friday, February 02, 2007, 01:55:01 AM »
http://www.destructoid.com/castlevania-dracula-x-chronicles-announced-at-konami-gamers-day-29578.phtml

I was kind of hoping for a new 2d console game, but this doesn't look like a bad remake of a game I never played.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: "New" Castlevania
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 02, 2007, 02:51:47 AM »
That is fucking awesome, it even comes with a port of Symphony of the Night.  God dammit I wish I had a PSP, I loved Rondo of Blood but I have only played it on emulation.  This also makes me kind of sad too, I had heard that another 2D Castlevania was in the works, but I was hoping it was a new title, doesn't look that way now.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 02, 2007, 09:22:54 AM »
I gotta' say, looks pretty cool.  Might be something to keep our eyes on.  I'm a little iffy on the 2.5D thing, but it didn't look bad.  They might be able to pull it off pretty well.  2.5D is certainly better than 3D, I just happen to have a thing for sprites.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 02, 2007, 02:05:04 PM »
I'm excited. I've always wantd a nice port of the game to the states and I've been waited for a game like this or a new Metroid to really give the 2.5D thing a go. It worked really well with New Super Mario Bros and in Grandius V, so I think it's a nice way to go if you can infuse enough personality into the game.

On a side note, I finished up Portrait of Ruin last night (at least I think I'm done with the game, I could do a bit more, but I don't really think it's worth it). It ended up being pretty awesome through the second half once you started getting some sweet weapons. Definitely worth the look if you've got the DS.