Author Topic: Happy Valentines Day all.... I guess  (Read 3218 times)

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Happy Valentines Day all.... I guess
« on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 11:47:16 AM »
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Happy Valentines Day all.... I guess
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 11:54:46 AM »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 01:15:10 PM »
Keebler that's awesome.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 01:31:22 PM »
Haha!  Thanks, I needed that.

2 reasons I don't care about today: I don't have anyone to send hearts to, and I wouldn't want to go anywhere today because of the amazingly shitty weather yesterday.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 04:26:06 PM »

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 04:59:53 PM »
I almost pissed myself when I saw this!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 09:07:35 PM »
Haha, those are all completely perfect.  That made me smile for the first time all day.  I wanted to kill people today.  Still kind of do.  Freaking neighbor is being a psychotic bitch and complaining that we're making all this noise that we aren't making, and I'm trying to contact her so we can talk about it and she's totally avoiding me.  Plus we just realized what her first name is, and we now realize we've not only gotten a bunch of her mail, some people came to our door a few months ago talking about some kind of eviction court case, we said she didn't live here because she didn't.  But eviction in her case makes a whole lot of sense.  She's a fucking nutjob.  A shame, too, because her daughter is really sweet.

Anyway, I'm rambling.  I think I'm going to get really drunk tonight.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 09:48:28 PM »
Well, at least you can take comfort in the fact that she'll most likely be gone with a bit of time.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 10:57:11 PM »
She'll be most likely gone? Que you bad boy, what have you planned?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 11:53:42 PM »
Gone?  Nope.  She's actually been here a long time, apparently.  I guess she used to live in our apartment and now, for some weird reason, lives below us.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 11:55:43 AM »
fuck i hate valentines day. well, when you arent with anyone during a valentines day. fuck im depressed now
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 12:37:24 PM »
I pretty much ignored the day this year, thankfully there was no staff receiving flowers every 5 minutes.
Ended up flurting a little by email with a chick in another office up north, she too was single.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 04:33:34 PM »
I ended up going out with a bunch of friends and getting drunk. These girls were having an anti-valentines day party which I went to. Lots of cute girls.  :-*

Also ended up drinking some really nice scotch near the end of the night. It was great at the time, but I was regretting it this afternoon while I sat in class.  :-X

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 05:21:13 PM »
What is the purpose of Valentine's Day anyway?

Wasn't Valentino some dude who used to hitch soldiers with their ladies back in the day?

If everybody's gonna make a big deal of it I may have to conform.. I'll make it my own special V-Day.. Vengeance Day! Once a year I will go out of my way to exact sweet vengeance on somebody! It'll probably start small, like putting salt in the sugar jar, sugar in a gas tank, or a potato in the tail pipe. Gotta start somewhere :P

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 06:50:59 PM »
From History.com:

The history of Valentine's Day -- and its patron saint -- is shrouded in mystery. But we do know that February has long been a month of romance. St. Valentine's Day, as we know it today, contains vestiges of both Christian and ancient Roman tradition. So, who was Saint Valentine and how did he become associated with this ancient rite? Today, the Catholic Church recognizes at least three different saints named Valentine or Valentinus, all of whom were martyred.

One legend contends that Valentine was a priest who served during the third century in Rome. When Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men -- his crop of potential soldiers. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine's actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.

Other stories suggest that Valentine may have been killed for attempting to help Christians escape harsh Roman prisons where they were often beaten and tortured.

According to one legend, Valentine actually sent the first 'valentine' greeting himself. While in prison, it is believed that Valentine fell in love with a young girl -- who may have been his jailor's daughter -- who visited him during his confinement. Before his death, it is alleged that he wrote her a letter, which he signed 'From your Valentine,' an expression that is still in use today. Although the truth behind the Valentine legends is murky, the stories certainly emphasize his appeal as a sympathetic, heroic, and, most importantly, romantic figure. It's no surprise that by the Middle Ages, Valentine was one of the most popular saints in England and France.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 01:46:26 PM »
Whaaaaat? All this fuss over some dude(s) who may or may not have done a certain thing..

Well, that's kind of a boring story.. I'll switch to Cyrano's story, and change my V-Day to C-Day! It was more entertaining and romantic!

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 01:48:25 PM »
My sister text messaged me on valentines day and told me, "just because it's v-day doesn't mean you should get vd." I thought that was good sisterly advice. :)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 02:12:58 PM »
Haha... that's funny.

And I don't think the stories are boring.  I think they're cool.  The holiday is stupid as fuck now, but the potential beginnings are all quite interesting.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 03:54:40 PM »
Those are interesting stories.

I read another one that suggested it started with women handing out letters initiating courting, and it was a tradition that last long.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 04:49:21 AM »
I guess the stories are a little intriguing. It's just not something epic enough to celebrate annually. Like if it all started because of a dude who died fighting for his love (and it was all dramatic), and the conflict seemed overwhelming, yet through it all he managed to survive long enough to tell his love how he felt, then he died (violently or otherwise).. THEN I might say "Oh, let's celebrate this day of romance every year to honour this hero's passion and unwavering love." Otherwise I'll just group him with the remainder of dead people who didn't really make a significant mark on humanity since the dawn of time.

Anyway, it's the feline mating season.. My cat's been going around humping things.. Poor little dude.. He got no cat-lady to please.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 05:50:45 AM »
It is just something that triggered something bigger.

Anyway, it's the feline mating season.. My cat's been going around humping things.. Poor little dude.. He got no cat-lady to please.

I hate it when that happens. Here the season never ends. It is especially bad when you are trying to sleep and all you hear is meow meow meow meow meow meow meeeeow meeeeow MEEEEEOW MEEEEEOW MEEEEEEEEOW MEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW Purrrrrrrrrrrr.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 01:15:16 PM »
Ahahadhaha  ;D

That purrrrrr at the end is priceless.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 02:38:10 PM »
It is just something that triggered something bigger.

I hate it when that happens. Here the season never ends. It is especially bad when you are trying to sleep and all you hear is meow meow meow meow meow meow meeeeow meeeeow MEEEEEOW MEEEEEOW MEEEEEEEEOW MEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW Purrrrrrrrrrrr.
HHAhahahaha Oh man, cats are awesome ;D

Oh on Animal Planet there's this lady who tracks down lions and other wild felines in Africa! I don't know what it is exactly but I fancy her!