Author Topic: Gothic 3 Expansion Pack ALREADY In The Works  (Read 2669 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Gothic 3 Expansion Pack ALREADY In The Works
« on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 03:29:48 PM »
G3 Expansion Pack in the works already, possibly:
http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=71023

Gothic 3 Add-on? [September 16, 2006, 5:12 pm ET] - Viewing Comments

This JoWooD Financial Statement dated a couple of weeks ago (thanks Gothic-rpg.com) offers a pretty solid indication that an add-on for Gothic III is already in the works even before Piranha Bytes' RPG sequel hits stores:

"We are already looking forward to the company’s results of the third and fourth quarter of 2006. The strongest titles of this year will be released within the next few weeks. The pre-order of Gothic 3 has begun, and we expect a very promising launch of this product. We are already working on add-on packages of JoWooD’s SpellForce- and Gothic 3 series, which will partially be launched in 2007 already" says Albert Seidl, CEO of JoWooD Productions Software AG.

« Last Edit: Saturday, October 07, 2006, 10:27:10 PM by MysterD »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Gothic 3 Expansion Pack ALREADY In The Works
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 10:34:59 PM »
This kinda thing always makes me a bit skeptical. I always wonder if they sacrificed some content so that they could sell it as an expansion.

Then again there was only so much they could do, plus they knew the game would be a best seller as it always is in Germany.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 06:32:30 AM »
This kinda thing always makes me a bit skeptical. I always wonder if they sacrificed some content so that they could sell it as an expansion.
If the game is over 20 hours -- and this one will supposingly be around 40 hours+ (according to GameSpot's last preview), so I don't think having an expansion is planned already is a big deal to me. I just hope they don't leave G3 with a nasty cliffhanger like they did w/ G2.

Especially if the expansion is going to add a load more of hours, which in an RPG expansion ias very likely -- like say another 15 hours or so.

Then again there was only so much they could do, plus they knew the game would be a best seller as it always is in Germany.
This is true -- this game sells like crazy over there.

And it's understandable -- Gothic is a good RPG series. I loved the first one and I liked the 2nd one (but not as much as Gothic 1).

I'm definitely looking forward to G3 and its expansion.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 06:48:00 AM »
There's one skill that I loved in Gothic 1 which they completely removed in Gothic 2: Acrobatics. In Gothic one I developed my acrobatic skills so high that I became a dodge master, leaping behind my enemies and getting some good hits in on their rears. In Gothic 2 that became virtually impossible. The completely removed the dive and roll abilities, so I had to resort to brute force and just focused my character on heavy armor and huge weapons. It was pretty sucky that they took that out.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 07, 2006, 10:26:23 PM »
There's one skill that I loved in Gothic 1 which they completely removed in Gothic 2: Acrobatics. In Gothic one I developed my acrobatic skills so high that I became a dodge master, leaping behind my enemies and getting some good hits in on their rears. In Gothic 2 that became virtually impossible. The completely removed the dive and roll abilities, so I had to resort to brute force and just focused my character on heavy armor and huge weapons. It was pretty sucky that they took that out.

I wonder....Was the Acrobatics skill added in G2: Night of the Raven (the expansion pack actually found in Gothic 2: Gold Edition)???

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 08, 2006, 01:57:06 AM »
I don't know.. I never got to play the 'Night of the Raven' expansion.. When Iw as still playing Gothic 2 the expansionw as only available in German. By the time the English version finally arrived I was way past G2, and delving into Fable.

I doubt they added any new skills in the expansion though. I would expect it was just some new areas, quests, and maybe some new spells.

Well, here's hoping Gothic 3 will reinstate the acrobatics skill or atleast a new evasion skill so I can atleast have a Ninja-style character!