Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto 4  (Read 110490 times)

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: Grand Theft Auto 4
« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, December 02, 2008, 10:13:10 PM »
Fuck this shit. Not buying the PC version, and no 360 or PS3 so....too bad for Rockstar.

Arrrr, matey!

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, December 02, 2008, 10:15:36 PM »
Arrrr, matey!

Did you read that shit motherfucker?  A 13GB ZIP file!!

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, December 02, 2008, 10:30:10 PM »
lrn2broadband, noob!

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 05:09:39 AM »
That is ridonkulous.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 04:56:52 PM »
Fuck this shit. Not buying the PC version, and no 360 or PS3 so....too bad for Rockstar.

Not even if it was on sale in a few years for say $10?
Or even $5?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »
Dunno. Will I even care then? Will the stupid shit be patched out by then? Maybe I'll have a PS3 and just play it on there.

From some readme file on Rockstars site:
Most users using current PC hardware as of December 2008 are advised to use medium graphics settings. Higher settings are provided for future generations of PCs with higher specifications than are currently widely available.
From what I've read, dual core systems are struggling, and quad core doesn't even run it all that hot. Do they really expect people to be playing this game when they can eventually max it out? Won't they have GTA5 by then and games that look/perform even better? It just seems silly to pull the "this game is made to look better in the future"....fuck that. Make it look good and run well NOW, when its still relevant. If its good, I'll be playing it still in a few years. And if its good enough for that, then I won't give a shit that the visuals have aged slightly.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 05:48:16 PM »
Does anyone even know if these games will work in a couple years with all this DRM crap on there?  I mean we already saw what happened with Starforce-protected games when Vista came out.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 05:58:09 PM »
Does anyone even know if these games will work in a couple years with all this DRM crap on there?  I mean we already saw what happened with Starforce-protected games when Vista came out.

We'll just have to wait and see if the DRM-hackers crack the DRM...

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 06:02:10 PM »
Nope, everyone just assumes they will. Or that they will all get patched to remove the stuff. We have yet to see any of that happen.

And if anyone points at Bioshock as having the DRM removed, you can punch them in the balls for being easily mislead. The online check is still there, the DRM is still there, the only change is they stopped caring how many machines you install it on. Which doesn't solve jack shit.

And D, the DRM was already cracked out of the games...which is the other problem. Why even bother when it doesn't even do what its supposed to? GTA4 is on torrent sites already, and the cracks are already coming out.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »
Dunno. Will I even care then?
If it's a great game and I saw it cheap, for $5 -- I'd say, "Why not?"

Will the stupid shit be patched out by then?
Who knows. That would be nice, though.

Maybe I'll have a PS3 and just play it on there.
That's one solution, sure. :)

From some readme file on Rockstars site: From what I've read, dual core systems are struggling, and quad core doesn't even run it all that hot. Do they really expect people to be playing this game when they can eventually max it out?
Numerous years down the line, if you see GTA4 PC for $5 and have a bad-ass that can run it, you're good to go to run it on its maxed-out settings. :)

It's like Joe Smoe who missed Doom 3 PC (for some reason) and decided to buy it from Best Buy today on his new PC -- yeah, he'll be able to run it on Ultra. Why should he be denied the right to run it on Ultra?

Also -- if GTA4 PC is a great game, why not run reinstall it if you want to give it another go?

Still from time to time run Vampire: Bloodlines -- usually, every Halloween, it gets reinstalled, I run through the game fully, then uninstall it.

Won't they have GTA5 by then and games that look/perform even better?
Probably -- that or one of those non-numered GTA games; those side GTA games that don't take place in Liberty City.

All the Lib City ones get a new engine and a new number, basically.

It just seems silly to pull the "this game is made to look better in the future"....fuck that. Make it look good and run well NOW, when its still relevant.
I have no problem w/ them keeping those settings intact -- it just shouldn't be named as such. It should be like Doom 3 -- those setting we can't currently run should be titled like "Ultra." I mean, who in there right mind ran "Ultra" when Doom 3 came out?

Though, for GTA4, if "Medium" is the setting MODERN High-End PC's can handle, shouldn't that be have been considered like "High?"

If its good, I'll be playing it still in a few years. And if its good enough for that, then I won't give a shit that the visuals have aged slightly.
Good point.

And StarForce patched their drivers for Vista, after everybody complained about many of their SF-protected games not working on Vista.

Of course, we can always toss out the point that most SF-protected games already been cracked, anyways.

Some game companies officially removed their SF-disc check so their game could work on Vista -- i.e. X3: Reunion and Beyond Divinity.

Nope, everyone just assumes they will. Or that they will all get patched to remove the stuff. We have yet to see any of that happen.
People are also still waiting on Spore to get that revoke feature it was planned to get.

And if anyone points at Bioshock as having the DRM removed, you can punch them in the balls for being easily mislead. The online check is still there, the DRM is still there, the only change is they stopped caring how many machines you install it on. Which doesn't solve jack shit.
Bioshock PC was unofficially cracked, a long time ago.

But, yes -- honestly, Bioshock PC should have its DRM removed. The game's $20 or less, nowadays. Everybody and their cousin will pick it up, for that kind of cheap price. So, why have the DRM on the game when the game's old?

The "real point of the DRM" was to make sure those wanted say Bioshock PC first ponied $50 in the first week of release -- of course, with games often getting leaked out BEFORE the DRM is wrapped around the game, this so-called "Real point of the DRM" is quite useless.

And D, the DRM was already cracked out of the games...which is the other problem. Why even bother when it doesn't even do what its supposed to?
About dev's including DRM -- yeah, no real need for it, since they always get cracked. I don't know how much these companies spend on DRM for one game, but I think it's a waste of money.

GTA4 is on torrent sites already, and the cracks are already coming out.
No surprise.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 06:30:33 PM by MysterD »

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »
I'm just wondering about something...  I just saw in the FC2 thread where Ubisoft said they intend to support the game forever to make sure it will always work.  Companies are going to have to spend resources on making sure this DRM bullshit works on future operating systems and with future patches and service packs to existing operating systems.  Is it going to end up costing them more in terms of lost consumers and support than if they had never done it at all, saving money on the support end and in licensing costs for the DRM schemes, and letting the pirates have their way?  It would be interesting if there could be a real answer to that question and I would not be surprised if the bottom line looks similar either way.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 09:00:12 PM »
I'm just wondering about something...  I just saw in the FC2 thread where Ubisoft said they intend to support the game forever to make sure it will always work.  Companies are going to have to spend resources on making sure this DRM bullshit works on future operating systems and with future patches and service packs to existing operating systems.
They'll do two things -- remove the DRM or not remove it.

When a game is $10 in the store -- c'mon, who's gonna not buy the game? 
First off, it'll probably be cracked by then.

For those who do know: are there any Far Cry 2 PC cracks out there already?
Like most PC games with DRM (especially Securom-based DRM), I bet there are.

Plus, this is UbiSoft you're talking about. Given their past with what they did w/ Vegas 2 PC, in which they told Direct2Drive Edition owners to use a crack to get their game to boot up, they might just use the newest unofficial crack as their "newest patch". :oP

Is it going to end up costing them more in terms of lost consumers and support than if they had never done it at all, saving money on the support end and in licensing costs for the DRM schemes, and letting the pirates have their way?  It would be interesting if there could be a real answer to that question and I would not be surprised if the bottom line looks similar either way.
You know what they'll do?

Probably what I mentioned above -- probably just remove the protection, since that won't cost much to do.

Or, they'll do the other thing I mentioned above -- since that'll cost them NOTHING; they'll just tell us to use an unofficial crack or unofficial patch that is "at our own risk and not supported by [insert company name]".

EA is actually suggesting C&C: The First Decade owners to just use the NEWEST Unofficial Patch, for crying out loud (at their own risk, of course) -- yes, EA of all companies!! This old patch removed the disc check for most of the old games, too. Oh, and this new unofficial patch got the MP-side of many of those old C&C games going.

Oh, and Far Cry 3 will probably have a much worse protection scheme than Securom Internet Edition with revokes. :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 10:37:22 PM »
Yeah, I've been following a thread at somethingawful.com. It looks like this a release you should stay the fuck away from for the time being.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 10:57:28 PM »
When these people were called DMA Design, they released the only N64 game I know of that broke when the 4-MB RAM expansion was later added to the system.  There's just something incompetent about them that they try to brute-force their way out of, and never quite works out right because of it.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #416 on: Saturday, December 06, 2008, 05:48:23 PM »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 05:28:06 AM »
I just tried out GTAIV on PC! It seemed to be running fine until I realized how limited the settings are. Basically it gauges how much video memory you've got and it restricts all of your options to it. I mean you can't even put the resolution you want. It just sort of automatically does what it wants and gives you minor control over some of the options. The system I tried it on had a 22" widescreen (native res 1680x1050) and a GeForce 8800 GTS 320mb (just like mine), it wouldn't even let me choose 1280x800! It autimatically chose 800x600 with texture settings on Medium and Render on Medium. It would not allow me to raise anything at all. So I lowered texture to Low and that allowed me to raise the res to 1024x768. The framerate was not bad but it looked pretty crap; I know the system could handle a lot more.

Beside all that you have Rockstar Games Social Club (RGSC) running, which you have to sign into, GFWL running in-game, and if you have the Steam version you've got that going too. It's overkill for any game. Personally I think they should have gone with either RGSC or GFWL, not both.

Comparing the PC to the PS3 version, for some reason I'm a better driver. I tried an X360 pad and a the keyboard and I did a lot better with both on PC than the PS3 version. Not sure what it is exactly but I know I can't steer for shit when it comes to turning in the PS3 version, it's like the car refuses to make hard turns. I was comparing all the driving with Roman's car.

Anyway, I think a patch will hopefully resolve most of the issues.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 02:15:12 PM »
Roman's car sucks.  Wait till you find the good sports cars if you want decent handling.  The Ferrari clone is easy to find too.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 03:59:44 PM »
Roman's car sucks.  Wait till you find the good sports cars if you want decent handling.  The Ferrari clone is easy to find too.
Yeah, I've tried out a bunch but for the sake of comparison between the controls I was amazed at how well I was doing with Roman's car on the PC.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 05:03:14 PM »
I just tried out GTAIV on PC! It seemed to be running fine until I realized how limited the settings are. Basically it gauges how much video memory you've got and it restricts all of your options to it. I mean you can't even put the resolution you want. It just sort of automatically does what it wants and gives you minor control over some of the options. The system I tried it on had a 22" widescreen (native res 1680x1050) and a GeForce 8800 GTS 320mb (just like mine), it wouldn't even let me choose 1280x800! It autimatically chose 800x600 with texture settings on Medium and Render on Medium. It would not allow me to raise anything at all. So I lowered texture to Low and that allowed me to raise the res to 1024x768. The framerate was not bad but it looked pretty crap; I know the system could handle a lot more.

Beside all that you have Rockstar Games Social Club (RGSC) running, which you have to sign into, GFWL running in-game, and if you have the Steam version you've got that going too. It's overkill for any game. Personally I think they should have gone with either RGSC or GFWL, not both.

Comparing the PC to the PS3 version, for some reason I'm a better driver. I tried an X360 pad and a the keyboard and I did a lot better with both on PC than the PS3 version. Not sure what it is exactly but I know I can't steer for shit when it comes to turning in the PS3 version, it's like the car refuses to make hard turns. I was comparing all the driving with Roman's car.

Anyway, I think a patch will hopefully resolve most of the issues.

Is it accurately reporting your video memory?  People on SA.com were complaining that it wasn't for them and limiting their option to that far below what they could actually use.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 05:15:30 PM »
While I can see why they did that, I think it was an extremely poor approach. Also, for those who don't have STEAM, they can edit the shortcut of GTA4 to unlock all the options.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 05:58:18 PM »
Is it accurately reporting your video memory?  People on SA.com were complaining that it wasn't for them and limiting their option to that far below what they could actually use.
Yep, it's reporting it inaccurately. The number changes each time but the last time I checked it said it only has about 243mb (the card actually has 320mb). If it said 315 or 300 I'd understand but over 50mb is a significant chunk knocked down.

Now I know not to buy GTA IV, at least until the major bugs are resolved. It's a shame coz I was starting to like the gameplay and the story.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 06:05:53 PM »
HUGE thread on somethingawful.com outlining people's problems.

I'll probably buy this at some point.  Obviously, now's not the time.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #424 on: Monday, December 08, 2008, 03:24:10 PM »
Here's some details of what the (first) upcoming GTA4 PC patch will have for bug fixes, issue fixes, and etc.

Grand Theft Auto 4 PC Patch Incoming
List of bug-fixes doesn't include missing textures, framerate hiccups.
By Steve Watts, 12/08/2008

The PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV is getting a much-needed patch, according to Voodoo Extreme. Rockstar says that the patch is in the process of Microsoft certification and should be coming out soon. The press release outlines the fixes:

* A fix to the crash after legal screen that some German customers were reporting.
    * Numerous improvements to the video editor: Smarter naming of videos, improved rendering quality, better FX during replays
    * Fix to bowling while using certain sensitive mice
    * Fix for ATI 1900 shadows
    * Overall savings to memory
    * Graphic improvements to particle systems and mirrors
    * Multiplayer character settings are preserved
    * Support for DirectInput controllers. Note: The current hack way of supporting these controllers may not work with the improved functionality. So we recommend you remove the hack before upgrading to the patch.

The report also states that issues with power management software and the Rockstar Social Club have been fixed.

Nvidia has released a new driver to improve performance, and ATI will be releasing Catalyst 8.12 on Wednesday as well.

Though any fix is welcome, the list doesn't seem to address a few of the larger complaints from the community, like framerate and texture problems. We've contacted Rockstar to see if fixes are on the way for those issues as well, so we'll keep you posted as we hear more.

EDIT:
GTA4 PC Reviews
9.0 from GameSpot
9.5 from GamePlanet
9.0 from GameZone
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 09, 2008, 04:37:56 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #425 on: Friday, December 12, 2008, 08:58:11 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »
New patch 1.0.2.0 released for GTA4 PC

Version 1.0.2.0
GRAPHICS FIXES / ADDITIONS:

* Graphics Menu:
          o Added "Water Quality", "Shadow Quality" and "Reflection Resolution" sliders in graphics menu.
          o Added "Definition" and "VSync" toggles in graphics menu.
    * Rendering optimizations.
    * VSync optimizations.
    * Nvidia 7000 series
          o Mirrors fixed

PATCH 1 FIXES:

* Direct input device support is now disabled by default and can only be enabled with the commandline: "-usedirectinput"
    * Supported Controllers:
          o Logitech Dual Action
          o Logitech RumblePad 2
          o Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
          o Saitek P2500
    * Supported Wheels:
    * Note: Controls are unmapped, user must map controls using Manufacturer's mapping software.
          o Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
          o Logitech Wingman Formula GP Wheel
          o Logitech MOMO Racing
          o MOMO Force
          o Driving Force Pro
          o Driving Force
          o Formula Force
    * Added Commandline "-notimefix" which will help some users who are experiencing the fast/slow gameplay issue after patch 1 was applied.
    * Fixed a bug that caused some users to experience endless looping audio effects after Patch 1 was applied.
    * Benchmark was disabling sounds after Patch 1 was applied, this is now fixed.

CRASH FIXES:

* Unable to load game fixed - For some users, a DOS window would open and close immediately upon Game Launch, GTA IV would never launch.
    * Hang on Initial Game Loading Screen fixed - Some users experienced Character Art Loading screens in an endless loop.
    * Certain causes of the RESC10 error have been fixed (Alt-Tab, change resolution). If you experience an RESC10 error, you must restart.
    * Certain Instances of the "GRAND THEFT AUTO IV has encountered a problem and needs to close" error have been fixed.

VIDEO EDITOR:

* Naming clips is now mandatory on Export

MULTIPLAYER:

* Legitimate players being kicked from Multiplayer matches has been fixed.

GENERAL ADDITIONS / FIXES:

* Wireless 360 controllers not functioning - Triggers were full on/off, fixed.
    * In the Options menu accessed from the Title Screen a “Game” section has been added with the ability to turn Clip capture on/off.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #427 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 08:49:15 AM »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 09:39:39 AM »
I'd get excited, but fuck Microsoft.  I'm not playing the game on their broken fucking console, so I guess I don't get to play it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 02:05:09 PM »
Yeah. With all the work they seem to be putting into it you'd think they'd skip the whole exclusive thing. Hopefully that'll happen later.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 04:06:41 PM »
Yeah. With all the work they seem to be putting into it you'd think they'd skip the whole exclusive thing. Hopefully that'll happen later.

Microsoft paid good money to make sure that doesn't happen.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #431 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 06:38:12 PM »
GTA IV: The Lost and The Damned - REVIEWS

Eurogamer
EIGHT from Eurogamer (out of 10) on GTA IV: The Lost and The Damned
With a fulsome single-player campaign that will soak up somewhere in the region of fifteen hours of your time while threading in a genuinely memorable story, and a pile of new distractions, there's no question that Rockstar has raised the bar on what players should expect from downloadable content. This isn't the short burst of simulated history that Operation: Anchorage offered Fallout 3 fans, or the quirky asides of Fable II's Knothole Island. Instead, it's approaching the kind of package most developers would have few qualms about boxing up and selling to you full-price as an entirely new game.

Kikizo
NINE from Kikizo (out of 10)
Released tomorrow via Xbox Live, The Lost and Damned is an impressive and ferocious expansion to Grand Theft Auto IV, coming good on its claim to be around one-third the size of GTA IV - it took us 11 hours to complete the main story, which once again only represents about 60-70% of overall completion based on all the other side missions and bonuses that you can get to achieve 100%.

TeamXBox
9.7 from TeamXBox

IGN
Video review
Written review

While expansion packs that include significant single-player and multiplayer additions are old practice on PC, robust post-market content is virtually unheard of on consoles. Without question The Lost & Damned, a $20 Xbox 360 exclusive, is the meatiest DLC to date. Not only do you get a significant single-player campaign, but L&D includes 54 new music tracks, 20 new vehicles, a half-dozen new weapons, new side missions, new TV shows and new multiplayer modes. That's quite a deal when you consider the three-hour experience provided by Fallout 3's recent Operation: Anchorage DLC cost ten bucks. So rather than bother asking if it's worth it, let's just focus on how the experience stacks up against GTA IV.

The campaign, which can be beaten in 8-10 hours, is not one of Rockstar's stronger offerings.

Outside of the campaign, there's plenty to do. Getting 100% in L&D will take a good amount of time. There are 25 gang wars to be won across Liberty City, a dozen new bike races, new bike theft missions, several odd jobs to tackle for various miscreants, 50 seagulls to find and kill, a new comedy show to enjoy, some new mini-games to try once and then ignore, and full frontal nudity. Make that male full frontal nudity. That's right, Rockstar brings you Xbox 360's first downloadable dong.

GameSpot
Gamespot's take on GTA4: TLATD

GameSpy
4 1/2 stars from GameSpy (out of 5)
« Last Edit: Monday, February 16, 2009, 06:59:02 PM by MysterD »

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #432 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 09:56:31 PM »
Well I can definitely pass on the downloadable dong.  Everything else seems (ironically?) more meaty.  What's the size of this thing anyway?  No, I don't mean the dong.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #433 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 11:35:08 PM »
Wait? Did you just say other DLC has been more meaty? Fallout 3's and Fable 2's more meaty? Dont think so. Ive actually been underwelmed by DLC as of late. This feels more what Ive been expecting of DLC.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #434 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 12:08:01 AM »
LOL!  No.  It was a joke.  Dong . . . meat . . . get it?  The rest of the GTA DLC is more meaty than the dong.   ;D

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 12:38:12 AM »
Oh, heh, yea that went over my head.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 10:34:41 AM »
GTA4 PC gets its third patch.
Patch 1.0.3.0 has been released.

More gamepads have been supported (Direct Input and X-Input), more technical performance optimizations, more graphic settings added, some KB/mouse mapping restrictions removed, etc etc.

Grand Theft Auto 4 PC Patch #3 Released
by Maarten Goldstein Mar 21, 2009 11:16am CST tags: Grand Theft Auto 4

Update 1.0.3 brings improved graphics and physics performance, greater user control over graphic settings, and the elimination of remapping restrictions for keyboard and mouse.

Full change notes follow

Version 1.0.3.0 - March 19, 2009

GRAPHICS:

* Interior Lights for ATI 1900 series cards:
          o All light sources appear for users with 1900 series ATI cards. (ie. Pool Mini Game)
          o ALT-TAB fixed
    * Graphics Settings:
          o Added menu option " OFF " for Reflection quality
          o Added menu option " OFF " for Shadow quality

PERFORMANCE:

* Physics optimizations to improve situations with heavy physics calculations (ie. 32 player races)
    * Graphical Performance Optimizations

MULTIPLAYER:

* NAT Type detection
          o Detect if user has a " strict " NAT and displays message for user
    * Voice chat is received even if your microphone is turned off

CONTROLS:

* Keyboard / Mouse
          o Remapping restrictions removed
          o Allow Enter, Backspace, and Arrow keys to be remapped by user
          o Allow multiple mouse buttons to be mapped
    * Enable/Disable DirectInput in Menu
          o Users can now activate/deactivate Direct Input devices from "Controls" menu.
          o If commandline "-usedirectinput" is active, it will override pause menu setting.
    * Use 2 direct input devices simultaneously (ie. Wheel and Gamepad)
          o Users can now use 2 different controllers at once, including 1 XInput and 1 Direct Input device.
    * Added more Direct Input / XInput device support
          o Saitek P380/P480/P580/P990
          o Saitek PS1000/PS2700/P3200/P3600
          o Gravis Eliminator Shock gamepad

SECURITY:

* Detect modified files and prevent users from entering multiplayer if found
          o Game will prompt with a message after blocking user with modified data files from entering multiplayer
          o Should prevent multiplayer access from cell phone and GFWL join in progress

VIDEO EDITOR:

* Scroll Bar improved response
          o Tweaked to respond better to keyboard inputs
    * Sped up load times for users with many clips

TITLE UPDATE 2 FIXES:

* Return of Hot Dog Stands and other props
          o Missing hot dog vendors, fences, gates, pylons should be present throughout the world.
    * Scrolling signboards
          o Activate missing scrolling signboard text (ie. highway signs, Star Junction, Clock Tower Sign)
    * ALT-TAB pauses game during cutscenes
          o Cutscenes should now pause and resume correctly after an ALT-TAB task switch. Audio remains in sync.

GENERAL ADDITIONS / FIXES:

* Mismatched MODO/Perseus Clothing
          o Fixed a bug when Niko mixes clothing from Perseus and Modo
    * 360 Controller Texture
          o Controller image should be visible in Controller Configuration screen

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #438 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 02:41:08 PM »
GTA4: The Ballad of Gay Tony DLC announced for X360.
Planned for Fall 2009 to XBLive for 1600 MS Points ($20 USA).
This version of the DLC will require GTA4 to run it.

There will be eventually be a bundle of the two put forth on disc called GTA: Episodes From Liberty City -- which will contain both The Lost & Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony.
The bundle on disc won't require GTA4 it looks like.
The disc-bundle will go for $40.

Second GTA 4 Expansion Tells 'The Ballad of Gay Tony'
by Nick Breckon May 26, 2009 3:06pm CST tags: Grand Theft Auto 4

Rockstar today announced "The Ballad of Gay Tony," the second expansion for the fabulous Grand Theft Auto IV.

"The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime," says Rockstar of the title.

"As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price."

EDIT, July 22nd:
Gay Tony DLC coming out Oct. 29th online.
Also, for those looking for LOTD/Gay Tony Bundle on disc, it will be released the same day in stores.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 08:07:16 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #439 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 01:35:02 PM »
Rockstar released Patch 1.4.0 for GTA4 on the PC

Version 1.0.4.0 - June 19, 2009
Maintenance Update:

* -Resource management adjustments based on the operating system detected.