Author Topic: 28 Weeks Later trailer  (Read 5012 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
28 Weeks Later trailer
« on: Tuesday, March 27, 2007, 01:02:19 PM »
Huh...

I didn't know they were making a sequel to 28 Days Later.

*watches trailer*

Hmmm...not sure...

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: 28 Weeks Later trailer
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2007, 01:49:49 PM »
yeah i knew this was coming. This is supposed to be pretty scathingly political so my interest isn't that high. Still it IS a zombie movie.....
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2007, 02:46:19 PM »
I liked the first half of 28 Days, as it was not too cliche....

..but it suddenly turned into a "Save the chick" movie once they got to the army base/camp.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2007, 05:32:04 PM »
I hated the first one.  I do not care for this one.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2007, 05:47:31 PM »
If it's political, you can bet I'll avoid it.  I never saw the first, though.  It looked awesome, but I never got to it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2007, 09:03:37 PM »
Hmmmm.....Zombie Political Allegory?  Count me.......out.

But it's hard to say from the trailer, I could see it going either way.  It does kind of deviate from the best part of the first though (the feeling of being alone and stranded in a city that's empty save for zombies that want to fucking eat you.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2007, 10:12:11 PM »
Looks like it could be pretty cool, I couldn't care less about it being political or not.  I highly enjoyed the first one.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 08:25:27 AM by TheOtherBelmont »

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 06:36:22 AM »
Wow that red is bright.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 03:46:39 PM »
Just watched the trailer and I don't know where this fear of it being politcal comes from. When I watched it I thought it was like the Aliens was to Alien the same deal but more guns!

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 03:52:08 PM »
I guess it's the idea of all the soldiers being American and then indiscriminately killing the innocent. But still, looks to be a good romp.
|

Cools

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 04:22:40 PM »
The trailer didn't do it for me. I liked the first one. The 2nd one is going to suck.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 12, 2007, 07:24:41 PM »
Just got through watching 28 Weeks Later.

I did like the original movie 28 Days Later, to an extent. I thought the first half was great -- and then hated the part once they reached the base and it turned into some other "save the girl flick". I thought it got cliche and predictable, by then and that the film lost some focus on the whole "survival" aspect the film was had going on from the jump-start.

I'll take 28 Weeks Later over the original. This sequel kept me on the edge, wondering what the heck was going to happen next, at all costs -- even by the end, I was not sure how the hell most of these characters, in a horror film that made you care about nearly every one of them, were going to turn out. Most of these type of horror films, you'll wind up caring for namely the main characters that happen to be there in a movie with an ensemble-sized card -- and well, not too much more than that, unfortunately; which is a big mistake for many of these films (Wrong Turn, anyone?).

Since 28 Weeks Later revolves around the virus basically trying to tear apart at an entire family and spending time developing that story and depth before eventually all hell breaks loose, you do care -- it's just the world being decimated just so happens to be there, as another part of the story. It's always this family and those helping the family, getting the center stage.

Ending Spoilers
(click to show/hide)

...A very good film. And probably the best "serious" zombie movie I've seen since the recent remake of Dawn of the Dead.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 07, 2007, 06:39:35 AM »
FUCK YEA!

I thought this was very cool and at times quite scary. A massive improvement over the original. I don't see the political stuff. Also Rose Bryne is very hot, even in uniform.

I can't get enough of zombie movies... I'll watch a lot of bad ones, just because they are zombie movies. This was quite good.

I am very surprised by how well I liked it. It was superior to the original on all counts. Better direction, scarier, well paced, and a much better script. I agree with D, one of my favorite zombie movies. You guys need to watch this asap.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 09, 2007, 03:25:11 PM »
Quote from: Puggy
I can't get enough of zombie movies... I'll watch a lot of bad ones, just because they are zombie movies. This was quite good.

I am very surprised by how well I liked it. It was superior to the original on all counts. Better direction, scarier, well paced, and a much better script. I agree with D, one of my favorite zombie movies. You guys need to watch this asap.
I did want to see this, but yes -- like you, I had my doubts going in, given how the first one fell apart in the last 1/3rd of the flick. But once I sat down and watched this, I was surprised -- pleasantly surprised.

And Rob Carlisle was awesome here. No doubt about it.

FUCK YEA!

I thought this was very cool and at times quite scary. A massive improvement over the original. I don't see the political stuff. Also Rose Bryne is very hot, even in uniform.

Okay, here's the Political Stuff....And this does spoil some of the movie's events, so if you ain't seen the movie but do plan to see it, AVOID it....
(click to show/hide)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 09, 2007, 11:04:24 PM »
Well that's pretty dumb then in every way. If it was a shot at Americans, it wasn't well taken.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 10, 2007, 08:50:31 PM »
I didn't see the movie as a shot against Americans.  I suppose if you look hard enough some of that stuff is there but I don't think its intended to be some kind of agenda against American foreign policy.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 10, 2007, 09:45:02 PM »
I didn't see the movie as a shot against Americans.  I suppose if you look hard enough some of that stuff is there but I don't think its intended to be some kind of agenda against American foreign policy.

Agreed. After being f'ed over by zombies it would have to be a foriegn country that comes in to pick up the pieces. I think people are just reading too much into this.

Otherwise I thought it wasn't as good as the first movie though it did do things a little better. I liked the US forces safe zone and the rebuilding effort I though it was an interesting different thing to have done - to show the rebuilding effort after a zombie outbreak. But once hell breaks out it was all by the numbers.

(click to show/hide)
... which is what I didn't like about it, I don't remember thinking that about the first movie.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 11, 2007, 05:13:06 AM »

Exactly. I've thought about it, and I don't see any shot against Americans.