Author Topic: Que Music Thread - Game Music Projects  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Que Music Thread - Game Music Projects
« on: Sunday, May 06, 2007, 03:19:18 AM »
Here's a little teaser I just found sitting on my mixer tonight.  I've been planning to work on some game covers for like forever, and this one I did months ago just by memory.  I don't know the song that well, and I can't even remember the title.  I think it's from SH2, and I'm pretty sure it showed up in the movie, but... don't quote me on any of that.  Anyway, just thought I'd post it.  I may or may not be working on a Castlevania tune at the moment, so I'll leave you to imagine the possibilities.   :-[

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
Re: Que Music Thread - Game Music Projects
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 06, 2007, 10:29:12 AM »
Sweet. Also inspiring. To me, Sonic music!
|

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 06, 2007, 11:15:02 AM »
Awesomeness, which Silent Hill 2 track is it?  It reminds me of Overdose Delusion, but it might not be it.  I can't wait to hear the Castlevania one.  Castlevania music always transitions well to guitar.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 06, 2007, 12:07:35 PM »
Looked it up.  It's track 24, "True".  Not the most accurate rendition or anything, but again, I was just doing it from memory.  Still, I freaking love that soundtrack.  That and SH3 are two of the best game soundtracks I've ever heard.  There are so many tracks I'd like to do.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 08, 2007, 10:36:37 PM »
A new tune!  Okay, so this isn't exactly "game" music, but I felt like the final inspiration to get it done came from Bioshock.  I wrote it a number of years ago now but never got around to doing much with it because the entire thing relies completely on delay.  Essentially there are four guitars on this given that I recorded two that are both delayed.  Anyway... the original ideas came more from Cthulhu-type stuff that I was reading at the time, but Rapture has its own little sinister place in the sea.  Fun stuff.

Sorry Dan, I know I still owe you solos, but I've been depressed as fuck and I'm amazed I even held it together long enough to do this.  And that's only because it's kind of a creepy tune that occasionally makes me think of how sweet retribution might be.  Ignore the horns sprouting from my head please.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 09, 2007, 12:14:13 AM »
I like it, its got kind of a slightly creepy/ambient tone to it that works.  Also the Cthulhu type stuff you mentioned wouldn't be that Neil Gaiman short story you were telling me about the other day would it?  I need to pick up that book soon.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 09, 2007, 12:23:28 AM »
Heh, I wrote this years before that book came out.  But hot damn that was a good story.  You should definitely pick it up.  =)

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 09, 2007, 05:34:47 AM »
Yo, man, take your time. There's no hurry. Hooray for delay!
|

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 10:27:29 PM »
This just in - I hate music!  No, seriously, I've got this issue with my gear that's bugging the crap out of me and I'm going to go insane.  Must edit podcast... must fix crappy podcast music...