Author Topic: Assassin's creed.  (Read 57812 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Assassin's creed.
« on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 05:55:39 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_creed

I had no idea Ubisoft Montreal are developing, which is awesome. Can't wait for this to hit the PC -- which is supposed to be part of the simultaneous launch. Initially was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive, but Sony lost the battle hehe. 

edit:

According to gamespot, it will come to PC after the PS3/360 simultaneous launch. So it is still coming, but a bit later. That's fine. At least this way Ubi won't have any excuses.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 06:45:48 PM by Pugnate »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Assassin's creed.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 06:39:55 PM »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 07:26:43 PM »
It seems like a console game to me, so I'll probably pick it up for 360.  Either way, it looks really interesting.  I'm curious to see where they're going with it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 08:54:30 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6156813.html

Lance Bass had one. Milli Vanilli had one. Ubisoft had one. It took some time, but eventually all their poorly kept secrets came out, and in the gaming world, it means Xbox 360 owners will be very happy.

Ubisoft today finally revealed that its anticipated game Assassin's Creed will be coming to the Xbox 360, as many had suspected. The announcement comes a day after the publisher admitted the game would be headed for the PC.

The news settles one of the hottest topics in the gaming world this year, as debate over whether or not the game was sneaking onto the Xbox 360 in addition to the PlayStation 3 raged. Though initially announced at Microsoft's X05 event as Project Assassins in 2005, the game was first shown off as Assassin's Creed and revealed as a PlayStation 3 game at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2006--an Xbox 360 and PC version was not mentioned.

Eyebrows were raised at other systems' exclusion, especially since it was originally revealed as an Xbox 360 title. Rumors ran amok all year, as a few believed the E3 demo was being shown on Xbox 360 dev kits, some sites said a loose-lipped Ubi rep confirmed a 360 version at France's Interactive Digital Entertainment Festival, and another Web site posted a preview of the Xbox 360 version.

For more on the game, peruse GameSpot's previous coverage or read GameSpot's new Q&A with producer Jade Raymond.

The opening sentence reinforces the fact that gamespot should stop trying to be funny.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/728/728932p1.html

UK,  August 29, 2006 - Sharpen your jagged-edge dagger and pull up your face veil because Assassin's Creed will be announced for PC this week - meaning it won't just be PlayStation 3 early adopters who get to feast on the game's throat-slitting glory at the beginning of next year.

News of Assassin's Creed's PC arrival appears in early copies of UK magazine PC Gamer, which subscribers received over the weekend. When pressed, a Ubisoft spokesman couldn't officially confirm the game's stealthy arrival on PC. However, it's likely an announcement will be made to coincide with the magazine hitting newsstands at the end of this week.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 01:47:59 AM »
Check out the game:

Really worth a look! I love the crowd interaction. It reminds me a bit of Splinter Cell without the linearity. This gives me confidence for the new Splinter Cell, because it is being put together by Ubi Montreal and follows a similar concept.

It is introduced by Jade Raymond, the producer of the game, and part of Ubi Montreal. She is cute for a gaming chick heh.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:43:29 AM »
wow...

I'd hit it.. oh yeah. I would wreck that chick.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 11:02:19 AM »
A chick like that making a game like that? Sexy++

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 11:59:39 AM »
Jade is pretty frickin' hot. I gotta respect her all the way.

Anyway, I've been looking forward to Assassin's Creed for ages! We used to hear the tales of the assassins and the Old Man of the Mountain* when we were children.

*Old Man of The Mountain was the wise man who had a castle on a mountain between Lebanon and Syria, and he created the assassins' guild. Awesome story.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 12:26:04 PM »
haha she is definitely a nerd's dream. She has a sexy voice too.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 06:47:56 PM »
Yeah, she's been around.  I saw her a while ago.  I don't really find it that mind blowing that there's a good looking women in the games industry, though.  I'm sure there are plenty of others, too.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:06:50 PM »
Yeah, she's been around.

Did you just call my girlfriend a whore? How dare you sir! Pistols at dawn.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 09:01:13 PM »
Yeah, she's been around.  I saw her a while ago.  I don't really find it that mind blowing that there's a good looking women in the games industry, though.  I'm sure there are plenty of others, too.
Yeah...but those girls arent making Assassins Creed...which looks AWESOME.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 09:05:50 PM »
The direction of this thread proves one thing to me. Ubisoft should put her face on the box with the tagline: "Made by this chick." Don't even bother with the name. They'll sell tons more copies.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 09:40:28 PM »
I'd buy two copies.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 09:54:17 PM »
Regarding Jade -- Pretty girl, pretty voice, pretty intelligent chick.

Regarding the game -- Pretty graphics, pretty sweet looking game, pretty sweet open-ended type of gameplay.

I've been looking forward to Assassins' Creed for a while.

After seeing that 5 min gameplay video, that just reassured my thoughts on this thing.

What Jade said and showed on the IGN video is definitely worth a look at the game, too.

The control scheme sounds interesting. I am thinking if there is a PC version, the control pad might make the most sense. Just sounds that way, given that the buttons will be mapped like a person's body -- one key for head, one key for left arm, one key for right arm, one key for right leg, one key for left leg. I dunno if I see that style working on a KB/mouse at all, myself.

Oh, and Jade says that they already got some stuff in mind for sequels even, too!!

When is this coming to the PC and consoles in 2007???

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 12:29:49 AM »
The twist to the game was revealed a while ago.  Well, I don't know if it's a twist or something you learn really early, but a lot of people seemed pissed.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 12:47:13 AM »
Are you talking about going back in time? From what I read Ubi denied that that was the case... hmmmm..

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 12:53:31 AM »
Wha?!

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 01:02:25 AM »
Are you talking about going back in time? From what I read Ubi denied that that was the case... hmmmm..

Yeah, pretty much.  Didn't know that they denied it though.  Either way, it doesn't reall matter - the game looks awesome.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 03:16:30 AM »
I'll try to find the link, but yea if it is true, it is shitty. I want a realistic type of game, not the Arab T-1000

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 07, 2007, 01:51:51 PM »

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #21 on: Friday, June 08, 2007, 10:37:55 AM »
Hmm, I thought I posted in this thread already but apparently not.  Yea, I'm really excited about this game and can't wait for it to come out.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 01:36:09 PM »
PC VERSION = Delayed til 2008.
Console versions (X360 and PS3) are still on track for Nov. 2007 release.

PC Assassin's Creed Delayed [September 22, 2007, 1:39 pm ET] - Viewing Comments

Ubisoft sends along an updated release schedule, including a new early 2008 release date for the PC edition of Assassin's Creed, which was announced with a 2007 release date (story). Though no reasons are offers, word is the console editions will not suffer this delay: "One of the most anticipated video games of the year comes to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system in November, and to PC in early 2008."

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 01:54:37 PM »
That's more than acceptable after the last few rushed pieces of crap PC ports from Ubi.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 01:58:37 PM »
That's more than acceptable after the last few rushed pieces of crap PC ports from Ubi.

Agreed...

...as long as when it comes out in 2008 for the PC, it still ain't Beta-in-a-box. :P
I mean, this is UbiSoft we are talking about here....

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 04:49:35 PM »
This thread takes so long to read because you gotta stop half wayand masterbate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 11:30:31 PM »
..................hahahaha.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 11:44:32 PM »
hahahaha quality ;D

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 11:59:41 PM »
No wonder this is GPW's most frequently visited thread. That was hilarious though. :)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 07:27:57 AM »
No wonder this is GPW's most frequently visited thread. That was hilarious though. :)

ROFL!

I think he's in love w/ Jade Raymond, heh!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #30 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 02:29:19 PM »
Interview w/ Jade Raymond on this game

ON ... NOT LISTENING TO THE MAN AND CHOOSING YOUR OWN PATH
"It's a seamless world, and you can go wherever you like. At some points, you'll have targets in every city open. So sometimes, you're given a list of all the guys to kill, sometimes you'll have one guy at a time, [like] at the beginning of the game. Sometimes there will be multiple guys, and you can even, for example -- if you get all of your investigations out of the way -- you can go to all three cities, investigate one target, investigate another, investigate another, go back to one city, kill this guy, do some free missions, [and then] go back to that city and kill the other guys. So really, it's up to you to play based on how you want to play, and what you're in the mood to do."
Sounds pretty cool to me.

ON ... HOW LONG YOU'RE GOING TO IGNORE YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHILE PLAYING ASSASSIN'S CREED
"In each [of the three cities] there's three main guys to assassinate, plus about 30 investigation missions and several more side missions. There's also the asssassin's stronghold ... and a huge huge countryside that connects all of this."

"The game, if you're just playing the minimum -- like let's say out of the six investigations, you only do the minimum two, you don't do any free missions you really just do a straight path -- it's around 18 hours. If you do all of that stuff, it's probably about 40 hours."
Sounds of a decent length, to me -- for the straight path and if you possibly do everything.
I'm looking forward to the PC version of this. They better not botch the port.

Jade pics:

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, October 13, 2007, 07:01:12 PM »
Too big for DVD?

I fail to really understand how it could be too big for a dual layer DVD.  Tons of cutscenes? I mean, textures must be bigger for this generation, but apart from that shouldn't the code not really take up much more room?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, October 13, 2007, 07:29:31 PM »
Could be voice work, though I didn't get the impression this game had that much.  But that stuff will eat away space in no time.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, October 13, 2007, 07:52:48 PM »
Yeah, the article said they have 5 languanges on one DVD, so that's probably it. 

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, October 13, 2007, 09:06:03 PM »
Yeah, the article said they have 5 languanges on one DVD, so that's probably it. 

Holy crap!

I hope on the PC version, upon install, if they put all of those on the DVD, we can select what audio-language we want to install and all, if we don't want to murder our hard drive and all...

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, October 14, 2007, 12:10:10 AM »
Holy crap!

I hope on the PC version, upon install, if they put all of those on the DVD, we can select what audio-language we want to install and all, if we don't want to murder our hard drive and all...

Yeah, that's usually the case with most installations; choose the language and it's the only one installed.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, October 14, 2007, 12:56:16 AM »
Holy crap!

Yes I am sure the thought crossed their minds. :P

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, October 14, 2007, 01:43:31 AM »
5 languages onto a single disc would likely be the problem.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 04:16:32 PM »
This makes a hell of a lot of sense, given Kyd's past scores -- such as the Hitman games.

Jesper Kyd is going to score this game.

Oh hell yea!!!

Assassin's Creed Gets Kyd Score
by Carlos Bergfeld Oct 16, 2007 5:33pm CST

Famed Hitman series composer and British Academy Award winner Jesper Kyd will compose the score for Ubisoft Montreal's upcoming historical hitman action title Assassin's Creed (PC, PS3, X360), Ubisoft announced today. Kyd is known for his work on Io Interactive's Hitman series of games as well as another of the studio's properties, Freedom Fighters (PC, PS2, GCN, Xbox).

Kyd worked with Io again on the studio's upcoming heist shooter Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (PS3, X360), and his other projects include scoring Epic's forthcoming Unreal Tournament 3 (PC, PS3, X360) and Bizarre Creations' upcoming third-person shooter The Club (PC, PS3, X360).

Assassin's Creed is expected to retail for the consoles sometime in November, while the PC version was recently delayed until early 2008. For more on the much-hyped title, check out the Shack's own preview.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #39 on: Friday, October 26, 2007, 04:10:50 PM »
Jade Raymond's Assassin's Creed went GOLD for the consoles -- X360 and PS3.

Ass. Creed Gone Gold
Oct 25, 2007 at 9:00 AM - Andrew Burnes - 37 Comments
Available November 13th for those console thingies:

Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced its highly anticipated Assassin's Creed video game has gone "gold” and is set to launch in North America on November 13, 2007. The title is one of the most anticipated games for the holiday season, arriving on the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft at the MSRP of $59.99 with the Limited Edition priced at $69.99 – rated "M” for Mature by the ESRB. In addition, those who pre-order Assassin's Creed at GameStop will receive an exclusive Assassin's Creed art book bonus when they pick up their game.

"We've been working very hard for nearly four years to make Assassin's Creed a reality and now there is a confirmed date when players will get to experience the results of our efforts,” shared Jade Raymond, producer of Assassin's Creed. "This is a huge event for the team. Our biggest reward will be everyone having a lot of good solid fun.”