Author Topic: He-Man live action movie...  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
He-Man live action movie...
« on: Thursday, May 24, 2007, 01:44:54 AM »
I was a fan of the He-Man cartoons and toys when I was a kid. Of course I was seven or something, and even then realized they were extremely cheesy. Now if they are going to do a He-Man movie, I'd expect it to be a bit cheesy or at least light hearted.

Anyway this bothers me:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/791/791404p1.html

He-Man Movie Confirmed
Warners, Silver reteam for new Masters.
by Stax

May 23, 2007 - As first reported last week, producer Joel Silver and Warner Bros. are indeed teaming for a new big-screen version of the cartoon/toy/comic book franchise He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. The producer and the studio previously collaborated on the Matrix and Lethal Weapon franchises, as well as on V for Vendetta and The Reaping.

Variety says this He-Man, to be scripted by Justin Marks from an idea by Marks and co-producer Neil Ellice, "was pitched to the studio and Mattel as a classic good vs. evil battle, using the kind of visual effects strategy employed in 300. A warrior is touted as the last hope of a magical land called Eternia, which is being ravaged by technology and a despotic ruler named Skeletor. Many of the characters in the universe will be informed by the four different cartoon series done since the 1980s."

The trade claims the Warners-Silver deal with He-Man toy maker Mattel "is contingent on Mattel formally approving an outline for the project." Despite rumors online, Variety says the title role has not been cast.

The trade adds that, in addition to He-Man and Super Max, Marks is also scripting the Voltron movie and a new film version of the videogame Street Fighter.

Heck it might be a good movie, but it bothers me that movie producers are so transparent. Basically they saw 300 as a cheap production that made a lot of profit, so they thought cha-ching. Now they are just looking at other franchises to turn them into the next 300. It doesn't matter if the material even suits the style of 300, heck it makes money right?

300 looked the way it was because of the comics. What reason aside from money does He-Man have to have that look?

What next?

THUNDERCATS TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!!!!!!!

OK Thundercats dining in hell could be cool.

SMURFS!!!!!! TONIGHTS WE DINE IN HELL!!!!

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: He-Man live action movie...
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 24, 2007, 01:58:31 AM »
Yay for movie studios cashing in on nostalgia!

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 24, 2007, 02:47:06 AM »
They don't need to do this. They already made a badass He-Man movie with Dolph Lundgren, nuff said.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 28, 2007, 11:08:55 AM »
Well I don't know about "badass," but yeah I guess I could agree that they did in fact make it.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 28, 2007, 02:01:38 PM »
Haha, yea. I was being sarcastic. It's been a long time since I've seen it but if I did today I'd probably think it would be crap. However watching it as a kid I thought it was badass.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2007, 06:51:59 PM »
He-Man is the most masculine name you could possibly give a hero.