Author Topic: The Official BioShock thread.  (Read 109766 times)

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
The Official BioShock thread.
« on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 02:04:56 AM »
At IGN

I've just started to watch it, but it's basically a video demo with commentary from one of the designers. It's cool to finally see the game in motion.

EditbyQuesez - Just edited this for the title.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 14, 2007, 12:03:52 AM by Quemaqua »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: First Bioshock Footage
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 07:24:14 AM »
Can't wait to check it out tonight!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 08:32:51 AM »
Wow, now I really want this game! Visually it looks fantastic! The style, the architecture, and the effects are all amazing, but the water specifically blew me away! I need to see hi-res videos!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 02:09:57 PM »
Okay, I watched the video.

This just could be the FPS/RPG I've been waiting to play since Deus Ex....

EDIT:
Looks like there is going to be a lot of its own lingo in the game, like "plasmids", "big daddy," "little sister, etc etc -- a la what the movie Brick did w/ names things such as "brick", "The Pin", etc etc.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 06:51:16 PM »
I am geniunely impressed.  I can't wait for this game to come out now.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 07:01:16 PM »
Fucking awesome.  This is pretty much my most anticipated title.  I absolutely can't wait... thanks for posting this.  The water looks pretty impressive, as does some of the lighting.  Love those Big Daddies.  Spooky stuff.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 01:37:05 PM »
Fucking awesome.  This is pretty much my most anticipated title.  I absolutely can't wait... thanks for posting this.  The water looks pretty impressive, as does some of the lighting.  Love those Big Daddies.  Spooky stuff.

I liked how in the vid the Big Daddies leave you alone if you leave them alone.
But, get near the Little Sis, they attack. Back off from the Sis after they attack you, they leave you be.

This game graphically and artistically looks awesome.
And so does the gameplay, from what I seen.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 05:34:03 PM »
Damn, that looks dope. I need to upgrade my rig here in the near future. I keep putting it off.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 10:46:39 PM »
I see the game is kinda like Stalker is supposed to be. The huge environment to explore with all these events happening around all the time, its very much in the same vein. It kinda saddens me about the state of Stalker, because I think Bioshock will probably end up releasing first, and will dampen the effect Stalker will have. One way or the other, one of these games I think will blow us away.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 11:07:55 PM »
They both might regardless.  I think STALKER is still striving to be *more* this way than Bioshock overall, so I think it can still be a contender if they just finish the damn thing.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 23, 2006, 06:10:46 AM »
They both might regardless. 
I believe so, to.

I think STALKER is still striving to be *more* this way than Bioshock overall, so I think it can still be a contender if they just finish the damn thing.
I'm guessing Bioshock will be more polished than STALKER.

I have this funny feeling that once STALKER's done, the publisher (I believe THQ is the publisher) will probably force them to release the thing as soon as it is done, but it'll probably won't be polished and will be in a buggy state, since the game has been in the making and been delayed forever -- no publisher wants their big game taking centuries to be done. I'm hoping I'm wrong and that this game will be released in a very polished state.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 23, 2006, 09:24:03 AM »
They've waited this long already, who knows?  And THQ doesn't have the worst reputation when it comes to that.  *Shrug*  We'll see.

But I think STALKER is going for a more sandboxy kind of thing and Bioshock is going for a tighter story-driven thing just with lots of unscripted events and multiple ways of doing things.  I still see the two as fairly different, even though they use some of the same concepts.  I think they can probably coexist just fine.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 24, 2006, 11:18:48 PM »
Watched vid. Looks cool. I like when the big daddy walked through the water that was pouring down, it was blocked by his body. It appeared glitchy, so hopefully they can get that sorted out.

Gameplay looks interesting. I'll play just to explore that place.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
No Bioshock MULTIPLAYER Component
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 02:40:40 PM »
NO Multiplayer component for BioShock
No Multiplayer for BioShock [01:10 pm]
89 Comments - Chris Remo

One of the most anticipated upcoming single-player shooters will fairly expectedly omit multiplayer functionality, confirmed 2K Games community manager Elizabeth Tobey on the official community site for Irrational Games BioShock. "BioShock features a compelling storyline that revolves around the experiences of one man as he enters the decaying world of Rapture," reads the explanation. "Having a multiplayer component would have compromised the story we were trying to tell so we made the decision to keep this game as a single player experience." System Shock 2, the game to which BioShock is frequently referred by the team and its fans as a spiritual successor, featured a cooperative mode.

More interestingly, the Q&A indicates that the game will feature online content downloads of some kind, which with a lack of multiplayer may entail new story content. It notes that content on the Xbox 360 and PC platforms will be identical, suggesting that any downloads are also likely to be made available for both versions. Finally, it was stated that development is being led on the Xbox 360 platform, with "all decisions on HUD and gameplay situations" being made there before being implemented on PC, in order to avoid PC-to-console translation problems such as the team faced with Deus Ex 2: Invisible War.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 02:55:40 PM »
Finally, it was stated that development is being led on the Xbox 360 platform, with "all decisions on HUD and gameplay situations" being made there before being implemented on PC, in order to avoid PC-to-console translation problems such as the team faced with Deus Ex 2: Invisible War.
No, you stupid fucks! You got it backwards! Ugh....

I'm cool with no multiplayer, though. It seems like every game now needs to have MP, which is stupid. Even basic multi takes time an energy that would be better spent working on the singleplayer.

*EDIT*

That HUD and gameplay quote isnt quite right. Here it is from 2Ks site:

Are there any lessons from Deus Ex 2 that the team has learned and is using when making BioShock?

Many development teams have learned important lessons from previous attempts to bring PC games to the console, though Deus Ex 2 is an infamous example. One of the main things we are doing differently is that we are leading our development efforts with the 360. Therefore all decisions on HUD and gameplay situations that are made on the 360 will be re-thought and optimized when brought over onto the PC.
So it looks like things will mostly be based on the console version, but will be tweaked to be more "PC like" for the PC version as opposed to the game having consolitis.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 05:05:59 PM »
Hmmmm... this might actually make the 360 version of the game better... but we'll have to see.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 05:09:55 PM »
That HUD and gameplay quote isnt quite right. Here it is from 2Ks site:

So it looks like things will mostly be based on the console version, but will be tweaked to be more "PC like" for the PC version as opposed to the game having consolitis.
As long as they re-vamp the PC version HUD and stuff to fit our PC style of gameplay and interfaces, we'll be okay....

They better not mess that up....

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 11:34:32 PM »
I'm a bit less concerned about HUD and control stuff for the simple fact that I'm expecting the game to be less about super-tight combat at all times and more about some of the RPG-like elements, puzzle stuff, and adventure stuff.  Combat too, but maybe less so.  Still, I sincerely hope they give the PC consideration in its own right.  I don't want to buy a console game.

And yeah, I think we can all agree that no MP is perfectly fine.  I hate it when people waste time throwing MP into a game nobody is going to play MP with anyway.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 01:28:22 AM »

I am pretty sure after the Deus Ex 2 fiasco they would be crazy not to have a perfect PC version. Unless they like death threats.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 01:28:38 AM »
There's a 720P trailer in Xbox Live.  It's not gameplay footage, though.  (Machinima?  Hard to be sure anymore.)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #20 on: Friday, June 08, 2007, 07:32:01 PM »
GSpot's got a Bioshock feature up..  They played the game for 2 hours, they've got a video interview with Ken Levine, and they've got another thing if you choose the "watch it!" option from the front page which shows a few team members just talking about the Big Daddy/Little Sister pairing (and shows tons of footage which is just awesome).

Be warned, there's a lot of stuff here.  If you're one of those people that wants to be on a total blackout, don't watch.  There isn't anything all that spoilery, but they show some cool combat options and describe them, they show a bunch of combat with the big daddy guys, and there's just a general assortment of cool video.  So view judiciously if you happen to be one of those people who don't want to see anything.

There's plenty of stuff in the written material, too, and it appears the game draws from System Shock 2 in all kinds of ways, even more than some of us might have thought.  This really *is* System Shock 3 in terms of gameplay, apparently, and even the interfaces are going to be similar to SS2.  But, as is stated, they've got a team working on the 360 interface and a team for the PC, so no console encroachment on our territory, PC gamers.  I think we all sort of knew that already, but it still makes me happy to hear it.

Anyway... this thing just looks better every day.  My excitement waned for a while, but it's back with a vengeance now!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 09, 2007, 01:52:02 PM »
Bioshock's System Specs for the PC version have been revealed.

Oh, and you'll need an Internet Connection to ACTIVATE your game, BTW...

BioShock System Specs Revealed
July 09, 2007 - BioShock's PR chick let us know that the PC specs for the game have been announced - does your system shape up?

Operating Systems:

# Windows XP (with Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista

Minimum System Requirements:

# CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor

# System RAM: 1GB

# Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).

# Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card

# Hard disc space: 8GB free space

Recommended System Requirements:

# CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor

# System RAM: 2GB

# Video card: DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better). DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better

# Sound Card: Sound Blasterż X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

# Important Note: Game requires Internet connection for activation.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 09, 2007, 02:30:25 PM »
I'm still undecided on whether to get the 360 or the PC version.  I'll definitely be getting it though, just gotta decide which version is better.  I'm leaning towards the PC version though for the KB/Mouse.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 09, 2007, 02:31:45 PM »
I wonder if it Bioshock requires STEAM or something, since a bunch of 2K Games have been on STEAM....
And all STEAM games require an "Internet Activation"....

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 09, 2007, 02:47:06 PM »
They probably would have announced that by now were that the case.  Still, this pisses me off either way.  You don't have to fucking authenticate anything on the 360, why should I have to do it on my PC?  I'm really getting tired of this shit.  Not that big a deal to me anymore given that my only gaming PC has a dedicated connection, but what's the point?  It isn't necessary.  I buy the product, that's it.  The end.  I shouldn't have to do a damn thing more other than install it.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 09, 2007, 05:39:59 PM »
This whole STEAM dealie is the only reason I didn't buy Lost Planet for the PC.  Buh.  I preordered Bioshock for PC already, so hopefully it's not true.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 09, 2007, 05:52:56 PM »
This whole STEAM dealie is the only reason I didn't buy Lost Planet for the PC.  Buh.  I preordered Bioshock for PC already, so hopefully it's not true.
Yeah, that's crap for the SP component.

They probably would have announced that by now were that the case.  Still, this pisses me off either way.  You don't have to fucking authenticate anything on the 360, why should I have to do it on my PC?
Agreed.
Especially for the SP.

I'm really getting tired of this shit.  Not that big a deal to me anymore given that my only gaming PC has a dedicated connection, but what's the point?  It isn't necessary.  I buy the product, that's it.  The end.  I shouldn't have to do a damn thing more other than install it.
Agreed.

Though, I might understand for say a online MMO...

...But for any SP component, I shouldn't have to authenticate anything. If I buy the product on disc, I should be all set for any SP campaign w/ the damn disc. For SP components, the DISC and its copyright protection is the authentication.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, August 08, 2007, 08:04:04 PM »
Two weeks from today and we've got Bioshock in our hands!  I took three days of vacation from work to end the week so that I've got 5 full days to just go nuts and play.  I haven't taken time off for a game since Doom 3, if that's any indication of how excited I am about this.

I've read the OXM review.  If what I've read is any indication, this is almost the perfect game.  Dear God in heaven I hope it runs okay on my system.  It *should*.  I'm way, way far beyond the "can't wait" mark at this point.  It's getting very difficult.

I don't want to spoil anything for those who don't want to read the review (and it doesn't spoil much, really, just a few tiny things, not generally plot-related), so I'll just give you the bullet points, along with those from the PCG review plus a few quotes, which will make you wonder just how much longer you can stand waiting for this.

OXM:

* Inconceivably great plot.
* Tough, scary combat.
* Perfect location design.
* Stunning soundtrack and audio effects.
* Endless variety of weaponry.

The Score - 10
A rich and brilliant dystopia for everyone.

PCG:

IT'S
* A horror game.
* A long game.
* A Shock game.

IT'S NOT
* Bugged.
* Demanding.
* About killing kids.

SUBLIME - 95%

Bioshock is a dark and disturbing masterpiece.

Even if you've soaked up every preview and trailer with relish, you haven't scratched the surface of how deep this unsettling meditation on hubris and insanity actually goes.  If it were just a thrilling ride through a twisted and remarkable plot, Bioshock would eventually get old.  But there's a physicality and openness to its richly systematic combat that suggests it'll stay fresh for a very long time.

... these are the big challenges developers have been struggling to master for decades: narrative, emergence, a sense of place.  If another game did just one of these as well as Bioshock, it would immediately qualify as a classic.  When a game comes along that does all three, we can only be baffled and thankful.

I spend my career, and my gaming life, waiting for a moment when a game just astonishes me, when I can't believe what I'm seeing, what I'm doing.  Bioshock has five.

There's also a mention of three problems that the game has, the last of which is the game's ending sequence, which if Tom Francis is to be believed, sucks.  He equates it to watching Citizen Kane with a zombie Orson Welles fighting Agent Smith.  That doesn't sound to happy (though I have to be honest with you, I'd pay to see zombie Orson Welles fight Agent Smith just on its own).

Anyway, if none of you have yet ordered the limited edition of the game on PC or 360, get off your asses and DO IT NOW!

I'll leave you with two more bits of ambiguity: I read today in another issue of PCG that, and I (not entirely direct, but almost) quote: "This is probably the most PC-improved multiplatform game in the history of gaming."  Meaning, of course, that the PC version is loaded with interface improvements and general greatness that utterly eclipses those of the 360 version.

HOWEVER, it has also come to my attention via the OXM review that there are going to be extra abilities and such for the game that you can download from Xbox Live that will be exclusive to the 360 game.  At least, apparently.  If you're a 360 elitist I wouldn't yet hold your breath that they won't make it to PC at some point, and given the depth of what's already included with the game, it sounds like you could pretty well play this for a long, long time without ever seeing everything, rendering downloadable content somewhat less appealing.  Still, it's something that might help balance the PC's apparently tremendous advantages in other areas.

Either way, no matter where you play it, it looks like Bioshock is going to be the masterpiece we all knew it could be.  And thank God for that.

EDIT - There's the OXM review if you want to read it.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, August 08, 2007, 08:20:04 PM »
yea. can't wait. PC? or XBox? Hmmm.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, August 08, 2007, 08:22:58 PM »
I'm kind of looking forward to it. I want to play it (lord knows we could use a decent story in our games...to the people that thought HL2 had an amazing story: fuck you), but I'm trying to not get myself too hyped for it now since there is no way in hell I can run it. Hopefully I can upgrade later this year, and I can take advantage of a price drop.

Offline HxCeddie

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, August 09, 2007, 06:49:38 PM »
I guess it just went gold so it's on track for an August 21st release. I really can't wait to play this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the new Metroid coming out the same day too? Shit, decisions, decisions.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 09, 2007, 07:18:53 PM »
No decision for me.  I don't have a Wii.  Though I think even if I did, Bioshock would get the nod.  At this point, I can't even seem to think about anything else.  It's driving me slightly insane.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 09, 2007, 10:40:01 PM »
Mmm, after going over some more of the images and whatnot, I'm glad I paid off my copy of Bioshock.  Should be fun.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #33 on: Friday, August 10, 2007, 01:40:01 PM »
Goodbye, Irrational Games....
...Hello to 2K Games Boston.

I prefer the name of Irrational Games, myself....

Irrational Games Becomes 2K Boston and 2K Australia [August 10, 2007, 3:40 pm ET] - 7 Comments
This press release announces a name change for Irrational Games, which will now be known as 2K Boston and 2K Australia. The changes are said to "symbolize the studios' further integration into the 2K Games family":

New York, NY - August 10, 2007 -Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today the name change of industry leading development studio Irrational Games to 2K Boston and 2K Australia. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and with offices in Canberra, Australia, Irrational Games is an internationally renowned developer of story-driven, genre-defining games with award-winning hits like System Shock 2, Freedom Force, Tribes: Vengeance, and SWAT 4. The name changes to 2K Boston and 2K Australia symbolize the studios' further integration into the 2K Games family following their outstanding performance on BioShock™, the upcoming blockbuster available exclusively for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system and Games For Windows on August 21, 2007 in North America and in Europe beginning August 24, 2007.

"Irrational Games is widely recognized as one of the most innovative development studios in the world," said Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K. "Following their incredible efforts in bringing BioShock to life, we are proud to make the newly renamed Irrational Games studios a cornerstone of our game development family."

Recognizing the exceptional talent and creative vision that have made Irrational Games one of the industry's premier developers, 2K Games has fostered the studio's growth by substantially investing in its people, allowing Irrational Games to almost double in size since the studio's acquisition by 2K in 2005. With the upcoming release of BioShock - one of the year's most hotly anticipated titles - 2K Boston and 2K Australia, with the backing of 2K Games, are raising the bar for forward-thinking game design.

"We're proud to be part of the 2K Games family and enjoy the new opportunities and artistic freedoms this strengthened relationship provides," said Ken Levine, President and Creative Director of 2K Boston. "The name change signifies our growing position as a central part of 2K Games, and we plan to ensure our future titles continue to set new standards of quality and innovation for the industry."

For more information, visit the 2K Boston and 2K Australia websites www.2kboston.com and www.2kaustralia.com.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: Friday, August 10, 2007, 02:58:18 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #35 on: Friday, August 10, 2007, 03:32:10 PM »
Watched the stage demo a minute ago. And now I'm watching it again

*Drool*

Ooooh....Telekinesis Skill looks nice.
Though, the floating upside body he was using Telekinesis on was pretty cool that was shown in the video.

I like how almost anything can be used as a weapon.

That camera weapon sounds cool, too -- that w/ enough of a Research skill and if you take pictures of enemies, you can learn some skills that enemies have. Too cool.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: Friday, August 10, 2007, 05:25:14 PM »
I have a feeling I'm going to play through this a few times. It seems like there are so many things you can do with your character.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #37 on: Friday, August 10, 2007, 05:27:46 PM »
I have a feeling I'm going to play through this a few times. It seems like there are so many things you can do with your character.

It looks like it'll be quite a sandbox, for finding out cool ways to defeat enemies and stuff.

I'm curious at to how many endings the game might actually contain....

...I'd guess, at least 2 different endings, given from what Levine is hinting at in that awesome E3 Floor Show Demo video on G-Spot -- he says there's there's two moral decisions, which can change the game majorly.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 11:25:24 AM »
It's already been stated that there will be 2 endings.  Old news.

Anyway, I just listened to the 1Up podcast in which a guy sort of gives a mini-review (about 10 minutes of talking between him and the other guys), and I'll just quote you a few things from it:

Bioshock takes the big-ass steel gauntlet and throws it the fuck down in front of any other game for game of the year.  I'm saying it potentially will beat the shit out of everything else out there, yes, including Halo 3, yes, including Mass Effect.

Even if you just straight stream through it ignoring everything you could to get through it as fast as you can, it's going to take you easily, easily over 12 hours. It's well over 20 hours if you're playing the game and having fun with it. ... You're going to play it more than once.

Absolute showpiece for the 360.  I can't tell you how many times I walked up to the edge of one of those aquarium-like connectors in the city, in this tunnel with Plexiglas, and just stood there and looked out the glass window at the city and was just like... the fuck, this is amazing.

Once you pick up the controller and go into Rapture, you will not want to put it down. -- Is it atmosphere?  Is it controls?  Pacing?  -- Yes, yes.  Yes.  Let me tell you what, the pacing might be the best pacing in a first-person shooter ever.  There's one stretch where people might say 'this is a little hokey', but outside of that... even that I don't think is bad... outside of that, every time you pick up the controller to play it, you're like, I wanna' do this, I wanna' do this, I wanna' do this. ... It handles the gunplay so incredibly well, and the AI of the enemies you play against is phenomenal. ... You feel like you're dancing around these environments fighting them in almost like a multiplayer game.

Best first person shooter ever, really? -- No, not the best first-person shooter ever. -- In terms of the way the story unfolds? -- Yeah.  --  Better than Half-life or Half-life 2? -- Yes, absolutely. This is the imagination that has gone into this... this crazy, I'm gonna' be an industrialist and build this Utopian society, and then this examination of what happened inside. ... These guys really thought out the answer to why this utopia failed.

The conclusion on this game... not only is the conclusion satisfying, but the lead up to the conclusion brings everything home really, really well.

MyD, don't you dare respond to each quote, or I will strangle you with your own fucking intestines.

To me, what this means is that Bioshock is exactly what I hoped it would be - System Shock 2's basic gameplay and design principles modernized to be truly next-generation, wrapped in beautiful art design, a completely unique story and setting, and with improved, tightened, actual-honest-to-goodness FPS gunplay.

This game needs to come out yesterday.  I'm going to lose it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 11:45:26 AM »
You can rearrange the letters of "Bioshock" into "sick hobo".