Author Topic: CS:S Weapons Market  (Read 3597 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
CS:S Weapons Market
« on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 07:22:59 PM »
Valve said they were going to make changes to CS:S. The first was updating the radar. Now, they tackle weapon pricing.

They took a very interesting path here. The Weapons Market. Prices of weapons will change every week depending on how many are purchased the week before. The more people buying Weapon X, the higher the price on that weapon goes up. The lesser used weapons will then drop in price, making them more attractive to use (while you save up enough for the now high priced weapons). Its all explained here in more detail.

This is a rather cool way to handle it. I'm sure the hardcore bitchers will whine about never knowing how much a gun costs and "go back to 1.6" as if Valve gives a shit which version they play.

Its nice to see changes occuring in Counter-Strike. The beta was a blast because every release had something new and different to check out and learn.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: CS:S Weapons Market
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 07:24:23 PM »
That's actually a pretty cool idea, much as I don't give a shit about CS.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 07:39:23 PM »
An interesting idea, but I don't see a reason to change it in any way, shape, or form.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 07:49:31 PM »
I'm thinking this move has more to do with getting other weapons into regular play than just something to mess with the economy. I mean, CS has 24 different guns. For the most part, everyone uses maybe 5 of those (AK, M4A1, Autoshotty, DEagle, AWP).

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 08:26:07 PM »
Tonights entertainment: CS:S Steam Forum

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 08:48:19 PM »
I think they're just trying to add some spice to to the old bland Counter-Strike gameplay. Not really interested. Although the new radar is a welcome addition.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 09:44:57 PM »
Well, it's good to see that the CS:Community is still working hard at winning the worst community ever award for the sixth year in a row.

I guess the best thing about them not getting bored of playing Dust for the billionth time in a row is that they don't touch other games and it keeps them in their own little den of stupid... you know, maybe that's the plan. The government funded Counter Strike and now Valve to keep some of the mentally-ill off the streets.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 10:07:18 PM »
That's a very unique line of thinking.  I believe I shall adopt it forthwith.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 22, 2006, 10:27:16 PM »
Man... I remember the CS kids at the underground lounge I used to go to... these are the kinda of kids you want to take a brick to their face to.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 23, 2006, 08:53:39 PM »
I never even booted up Counter-Strike Source or the Original CS, hehe.

Though, I like that Valve is trying to keep the game alive w/ new additions. I wish more companies would constantly keep their games alive by adding updates to evolve the game, in some shape or form -- by adding new gameplay elements.

Maybe I should boot up CS: Source and see what the whole deal w/ this thing is....

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 24, 2006, 05:11:03 PM »
That's kind of stupid if you take into account competitive CS, like in CAL.  On the other hand, it's kind of fun.  I think I'd prefer no change though.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 09:38:22 PM »
That's kind of stupid if you take into account competitive CS, like in CAL.  On the other hand, it's kind of fun.  I think I'd prefer no change though.

It ads in a degree of uncertainty, which would reward players with adaptability insdead of those who simply memorize stuff.  Which I have nothing against.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 09:42:59 PM »
Valve should add crates to maps that will randomly spawn each round. You can memorize the map, but who knows if theres going to a crate in the way this round or the next? I love that kind of thing.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 09:48:54 PM »
People would bitch about balance.

I personally like that kind of variation though.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 09:50:16 PM »
Very cool idea.  Like idol said, CS players use about just a handful of guns(AWP, M4, AK, MP5).  It will be cool to see the AK go to like 7k$ :P
Suck it, Pugnate.