Author Topic: Dark Water Fish - Que + black back alley rock  (Read 5150 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Dark Water Fish - Que + black back alley rock
« on: Sunday, July 29, 2007, 02:56:40 PM »
Well, you guys already heard Here, Have a Lina, and I guess that was the start of an idea I've been wanting to work on for years now.  Given my current progress with the novel (which in my own mind lends itself to this kind of low-key, dark, jazzy, discordant weirdness), I've just been feeling in the mood for it!  So I'm putting together an album idea that I call Dark Water Fish.

Anyway, here's the current track listing so far, including the just-recorded title track (title subject to change, heh).

Dark Water Fish
Here, Have a Lina

Feedback, as always, is most welcome and appreciated.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Dark Water Fish - Que + black back alley rock
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 29, 2007, 03:42:50 PM »
Don't have much to elaborate on but I can say that I enjoy Dark Water Fish a little more than Here, Have a Lina.  I enjoy both of them even though I still like your metal/rock stuff better.  This may be a tad off topic but how much progress have you made on your novel since you finished it for Nanowrimo?

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 29, 2007, 04:16:10 PM »
I am wondering if perhaps there may be some benefit to making your tone less metal in the first track. Having said that, Spock's Beard (The band, not the evil twin denominator) comes to mind.

I didn't get the chance to listen to Have A Lina before, despite my shotgunning of the reference. This is much better, in my opinion, just because the tone fits the song so much more and therefore it seems like a more cohesive whole. I really like the left-right interplay. This is spooky jazz as it should be, sir. Smoky clubs and moidah.
|

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 29, 2007, 04:47:20 PM »
Belmont - Thanks!  I figured you might like the new one a bit better.  Also, I'm just about to make a progress thread for the book, so you can refer to that shortly.

Dan - I wanted to try doing something with a more rock-oriented feel to it after having less of that in the Lina track.  I'm hoping that most of the album will fall between the two.  Time will tell, I guess!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野