Author Topic: Who Dey!  (Read 9051 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Who Dey!
« on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 05:22:20 AM »
Bengals are 1 and 0, baby!

Feel bad for Trent Green though.  It didn't seem like a game anymore once he got hurt.

Edit:  Oh yeah, the "Who Dey" reference is from a popular song/cheer/chant for the Bengals.  If you are bored, read about it here.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Who Dey!
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 07:38:26 AM »
I haven't followed sports even a little bit this year or last year.  I used to watch at least a little... I'm totally out of the loop now.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 07:40:50 AM »
Edit:  Oh yeah, the "Who Dey" reference is from a popular song/cheer/chant for the Bengals.  If you are bored, read about it here.

Hehe.  I know!  I was there.  I went to the Ice Bowl in the early 80s too.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 08:05:37 AM »
I'm a football fanatic.  Not so much college ball since neither college I went to had respectable college programs.  But I'm huge into both the NFL and high-school football.

Lots of people think I'm a bandwagon Bengals fan since I'm so huge into them now, but I started falling back in love again with them about four or five years ago, a year before the 2-14 season.

Anyway, both my teams won this weekend, with (#2 in Ohio and #16 nationally in USA Today) St. Xavier HS taking on (#1 in Ohio and #8 nationally in USA Today) St. Edward HS and winning 10-7.  And then the Bengals took it to the Chiefs 23-10 at Arrowhead.

Awesome.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 08:06:17 AM »
I went to the Ice Bowl in the early 80s too.
My dad was there too.  I'm surprised people didn't die.  Wasn't it -40F?

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 08:30:20 AM »
Rams fo lyfe yo
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 10:08:27 AM »
My dad was there too.  I'm surprised people didn't die.  Wasn't it -40F?

It was amazingly cold.  When I started the old (even then) '72 Buick Skylark I was driving at the time, it sounded like the engine was full of marbles.  I'm thinking the oil was a congealed mess.  My toes and fingers hurt like hell at the stadium, then they went numb.  The bathrooms were lined with people who just couldn't take it anymore.  Walking back to the car at the Fountain Square garage, I got hit by the downtown wind-tunnel effect, and I very nearly passed out.  I lost maybe a second of time.  If I remember correctly, the wind chill was about -60 F.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 11:28:41 AM »
Carson Palmer kicks ass. In my opinion, the best quarterback in the league.

My team, the Panthers, lost thier first game. Such an upset, considering they were they top ranked team in the NFC going into week 1. We need a new quarterback. I've never been a fan of Delhomme (sp?). My college won, though, which is good. Did I mention that we were national champs last year?  8)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 11:38:58 AM »
Yeah Palmer is pretty sweet.  He looked a little rusty yesterday, but that's alright... we still have Rudi Johnson.

I was very surprised the Panthers lost.  You guys are sweet.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 11:54:45 AM »
It's gonna be a looooonnnnnnngggggggggggg year as a Packer's fan...

C'MON GUYS!!! Win at least one! pretty please?? ... no really...

But I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't cheer for them when they sucked... I'd just be a filthy godless bandwagon jumper.

I am happy to see Cincy playing well now scottws... you guys certainly had a pretty god-awful team for a while there.
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 12:09:22 PM »

But I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't cheer for them when they sucked... I'd just be a filthy godless bandwagon jumper.

I am happy to see Cincy playing well now scottws... you guys certainly had a pretty god-awful team for a while there.

True that. Bengals sucked ass for a loooooong time.

A team I'd be interested in watching this year are the Saints if only for Reggie Bush. That guy was incredible at USC.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 12:36:02 PM »

Yeah, the Packers blow.  What was Favre thinking when he said it was the most talented team he's ever been on?  I think that's a slap in the face to Packers teams that were actually good in the past.

Yeah, "god-awful" is a pretty good descripion of the 90's era Bengals.  A person on the Bengals' message board put it best when he said they constantly "...snatched defeat from the claws of victory."  It's like even in games they were winning, they found ways to lose.  It was ridiculous.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 04:33:14 PM »
no doubt scott... 96/97/98 Packers was the best team Favre played for.

RIP Reggie :(
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 05:15:15 PM »
All I know is my Pats won yesterday.....BARELY

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 07:29:23 PM »
Oooh, Pats fan..  I'll be sure to rub it in when Carson and Chad light you guys up this year!  ;D

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 07:27:07 PM »
Cobra, not sure if you still are interested in the Bengals at all, but if you at least used to like them, you should check this video out:

&mode=related&search=