Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Drunk
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2006, 06:00:45 PM »
Hurray.

Offline ender

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »
Alcohol free since Saturday for me. WOO!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 10:49:51 AM »
Congratulations?

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2006, 08:56:33 PM »
2 MGD's down.  Soon to start on a 3rd.  Did the same last night, but for some reason, their effect was mild.  I thought I had gotten ripped off, but maybe I was overcaffeinated.  Tonight, I feel oh so good.  I love you guys . . .  "Who can take a sunrise.  Sprinkle it with dew . . ."

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2006, 10:15:06 PM »
I generally drink so little these days that a couple of beers on an empty stomach really makes me feel quite nice.  I used to be able to polish off 7 or 8 over a long evening and not even blink.  I suspect if I had more than 4 now I'd probably feel sick.  Though I've been enjoying wine a lot more recently.  I've always liked a good merlot, or maybe even some port, but I never drank it regularly.  These days I'm finding it to be a nice way to unwind a little in the evening.  It still doesn't give me a buzz or anything, but there's something about the aroma I find calming.  Plus, wine is always lighter than beer.  I think I'm just trying to be a bit healthier.  Beer was less of a problem for me a few years ago because I wasn't as unhealthy as I am now.  These days I just feel like crap.  Though a nice cold MGD sounds absolutely delicious right now...

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2006, 10:56:21 PM »
I wonder if any of you don't drink?
Taken.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2006, 11:53:04 PM »
I wonder if any of you don't drink?
and why would we do something that stupid?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 12:03:57 AM »
I don't drink for 2 reasons:

1) Alcohol has a "bite" I'm not fond of.
2) Judging from the crazy thoughts I keep suppressed on purpose, if I got drunk and lost my inhibitions I'd end up on Cops as the crazy naked man that "liberated" a herd of ferrets from the Petco and set up a base of operations inside Dairy Queen where I was eating ice cream and training my new freedom fighters to raid the hardware store for spackle.

But mostly the first reason....

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 12:13:02 AM »
They legally sell ferrets over there? Ferrets have been pretty much banned from California... this makes me sad.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 12:21:35 AM »
I had no idea they banned ferrets anywhere. How strange.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 01:07:32 AM »
Why did they ban them? Is it because they die so quickly, and they wanted to protect people from heart aches?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 03:16:09 AM by Pugnate »

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 01:11:21 AM »
Someone just thinks they're a danger to the environment here or something... I dunno exactly.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 04:28:37 AM »
and why would we do something that stupid?

example #1 why a person should stay away from alcohol

Taken.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 06:54:13 PM »
I don't drink for 2 reasons:

1) Alcohol has a "bite" I'm not fond of.
2) Judging from the crazy thoughts I keep suppressed on purpose, if I got drunk and lost my inhibitions I'd end up on Cops as the crazy naked man that "liberated" a herd of ferrets from the Petco and set up a base of operations inside Dairy Queen where I was eating ice cream and training my new freedom fighters to raid the hardware store for spackle.

But mostly the first reason....

That sounds more like a drug trip.   On booze you'd get naked and run down the street a bit, but then you'd get really tired and go back and drink more.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 08:38:21 PM »
No worries.  Soon as idol gets his ass out here we're getting him drunk.  At least a *little*.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 10:52:28 PM »
Drinking is fun....as long as you don't wander into any shady ass places where crackheads start to follow you.  Then it's bad and you just end up sober by the time you finally get a cab anyways.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 12:19:36 AM »
I am ery drunk right now.  I killed 24 natty ICE'S over the course of the night.  What an awesome time.

EDIT : ok ill be honest im actually kind of ill right now due to the number of beers i had, btu damn if I didnt enjoy getting here.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 04:25:46 AM »
24?  Holy shit.  I can't do more than 4 or 5 in one night, or I would get sick.  I do better on mixed drinks, provided I'm careful not to mix different types.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 09:11:57 AM »
im fond of Guiness and Newcastle...ill pick Newcastle over Guiness though

I dont really drink American beer except for one brewed near here called Firestone
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 09:36:24 AM »
24?  Holy shit.  I can't do more than 4 or 5 in one night, or I would get sick.  I do better on mixed drinks, provided I'm careful not to mix different types.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I puked.  That's only a signal to keep drinking though.  We had a little contest to see who could drink the most --  It was over the course of a whole night too, so it wasn't like I had a death wish.  I counted my cans today too, it was actually only 21, but I'm still impressed.  Second place got 19, and he's a big, big man.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 09:40:50 AM »
That's still pushing it, dude, even over the course of a whole night.  One time my friend Paul and I, during our alcoholic heyday, polished off a case of Coors, 30 between each of us (i.e. 15 apiece), but that's the most I've ever done over the course of an afternoon/evening, and I don't think I'd ever do it again.  I mean, even aside from the potential risk of drinking too much at once, that's just fucking bad for you.  It was fun to do the one time, as we were staying at a friend's uncle's place while he was housesitting and we all had the day off and were just hanging out and such, but I think it was a one time thing.

Medically, anything more than like 5 drinks is considered binge drinking.  Heh, I wonder what 15-21 would be considered?

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #23 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 09:50:35 AM »
So is having more than one drink an hour, though, and that's just silly.  Not to argue that I don't binge drink, though, because it's blatantly obvious.  :P

I actually built my alcohol callus up by doing exactly what you just said.  Last year, I would routinely (maybe once a week) kill a 30 with my then-roomate, who also happens to be the same big guy that almost beat me last night.  We pretty much drank only Natty Ice, too, so you can imagine how drunk we'd get. 

I can't quite explain it, but I never get the standard hangover, so I usually go all night.  Beer shits are the only thing I can count on the following morning.  Those are really my only symptoms -- it almost encourages me to drink excessively.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #24 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 09:54:21 AM »
I'm the same way.  I didn't know what a hangover even was really like for a lot of my life because I just never got one.  I think I've maybe had one or two now just from poorer judgments with mixed drinks, but I almost never get a hangover.  I wake up feeling fresh as a daisy pretty much no matter how much I drink.  One of the bad times was when I brought some Jaegermiester to a friend's house.  That accounts for one of my hangovers and also one of the few times I've gotten sick from drinking.  That crap is the devil himself in liquid form.  I'll never touch it again.

What I honestly wonder most, though, is how the hell you can stand Natty Ice.  Ugh.  It's like drinking Sweet & Low.  Fucking horrible.

EDIT - Haha, this is awesome.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 10:06:34 AM »
Because it takes huge balls to drink it.

I actually do remember the one time I got a hangover, which was pretty inevitable.  I had killed about 3/4ths of one of those jugs of wine.  4 liters of Merlot, I believe.  Red wine is almost a gauranteed hangover, let alone 3 liters of it for me alone.  I woke up the next morning, puked twice, writhed for a few minutes, and I was good again.

For those of you who get them frequently though, or if you plan on drinking dark alcohol, pop a multivitamin when you're drinking.  You could also eat a banana.  All a hangover is is a lack of electrolytes, so get some potassium in your system.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #26 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 10:25:03 AM »
They say that 5 drinks is binge drinking, but really 5 beers is an off night for most people here, and its probably the same at all colleges. Around 15 was pretty common for us to kill per night, especially with beer pong. I don't drink that much anymore, though. It loses it's appeal after awhile. Plus its expensive, and horrible for you. I'll usually just grab a 6-pack or so nowadays.