Author Topic: The Crew 2  (Read 1478 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: The Crew 2
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 04:12:11 PM »
Tried out a bit of The Crew 2 (PC / UPlay) this weekend, since it's on a Free Weekend Trial on UPlay.

I like the idea of cars, planes, boats, and other vehicles being able to free-roam and race around in (those all are fun) - but, eh; this game's nothing spectacular. There's something about it, just like The Crew 1, that feels off here and/or missing.

I love the open-world of USA (it's awesome), driving around (car mechanics feel great) and the tracks/races are cool. Game runs and looks great at 1080p60fps - though, it actually has a 60fps cap period...so if you have G-Sync or higher Hz monitor, meh...it won't be put to use.

More so than anything - I am not feeling the story, cut-scenes, writing/dialogue. It's just bad; like real bad. And it isn't in the "so bad it's good" hammy kind of way, which other racers like Black Box's NFS: Most Wanted 2005 had going on. And there's a good deal of these cut-scenes, too - bleh. At least, Forza Horizon 3 keeps a lot of this stuff not in cut-scenes, but going on while you're driving & free-roaming - so, it doesn't get in the way of the awesome stuff (the open-world and vehicle driving/racing). And at times, The Crew 2 feels like a Forza Horizon 3 rip-off too w/ trying to get crews going, doing extreme stuff/stunts/etc, the vibe/feel of the game, etc etc - so that doesn't really help either.

So, might be worth waiting for a deep discount and/or some expansions to hit Crew 2 b/c....this game really needs something more to get it where it belongs. It has so much potential and stuff going for it, but it's just missing that special and extra something to make it worth getting right now.

Until then, Forza Horizon series looks like where it's at for open-world racers.