Author Topic: 1.8 million Wiis a month  (Read 1811 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
1.8 million Wiis a month
« on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 02:31:30 PM »
How about that.

Nintendo is making 1.8 million Wiis every month. Thats worldwide, and how it gets split depends on demand in the different regions. But that sorta puts a crimp on the artificial shortage to build hype theory.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: 1.8 million Wiis a month
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 03:01:20 PM »
It's not artificial--no way for this long.  I know exactly what he means by "embarrassment of opportunity."  At a profitable price point per console, they're leaving a shit ton of money on the table every day they can't meet demand.

I do hope more 3rd parties open their eyes.  Maybe they already have, but momentum is too great to do a 180 just yet.  Here is one unexpected example of what I hope becomes a growing trend in 3rd-party support.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 04:09:21 PM »
The demand for Wii's isn't created by lack of supply as much as word of mouth. The artificial shortage only works for companies that are trying to create hype, not those that already have it.

This is good news for me - I'm hoping to pick one up for the holiday season. Maybe they will be relatively easy to find.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 10:02:07 PM »
I'm really, really hoping I get selected to purchase a Wii with that Amazon voting deal.  80 bucks?  Hell yes I can afford that.  That would guarantee three to four game sales from me right off the bat, too.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 11:13:13 PM »
Honestly, I wouldn't bet on it. 1000 winners out of how many entries? It's a long shot for sure.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 11:13:51 PM »
I HAVE MY HOPE, DAMN IT.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野