Author Topic: deus ex 3!  (Read 41173 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: deus ex 3!
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, April 08, 2012, 02:35:06 PM »
You can certainly get more ammo for the stun gun, though finding it is more or less rare compared to other ammo types, you're better off buying it from arms dealers.

The only gameplay gripe I have is the energy system. Having only one battery recharge is kinda weird. Plus melee using energy doesn't work for me, especially if it's a non-lethal takedown. A good chunk of my inventory is reserved for Cyberboost energy bars.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, April 08, 2012, 04:14:40 PM »
You can certainly get more ammo for the stun gun, though finding it is more or less rare compared to other ammo types, you're better off buying it from arms dealers.

The only gameplay gripe I have is the energy system. Having only one battery recharge is kinda weird. Plus melee using energy doesn't work for me, especially if it's a non-lethal takedown. A good chunk of my inventory is reserved for Cyberboost energy bars.

I've been looking around for stun gun ammo, but haven't found it yet. To be fair though, I'm still pretty early into the game.

I can't seem to keep my batteries charged, I don't even know what is draining it. Does it drain on it's own even if you're not doing anything "stressful"?

One of the most useful weapons in the original was the baton, is there a melee, non lethal weapon like that in this game?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, April 08, 2012, 11:29:18 PM »
I've been looking around for stun gun ammo, but haven't found it yet. To be fair though, I'm still pretty early into the game.

I can't seem to keep my batteries charged, I don't even know what is draining it. Does it drain on it's own even if you're not doing anything "stressful"?

One of the most useful weapons in the original was the baton, is there a melee, non lethal weapon like that in this game?
Full batteries are used when you perform certain actions (e.g. melee, breakthrough wall) but the energy drains when you use certain augs like silent movement, cloak, or enhanced vision.

There are no melee weapons at all. I can understand why they removed them considering how melee works in the game but I still think it could have been cool if they added them and made it so using a melee weapon doesn't use up the battery, to make them useful in the basic "push X to takedown" format.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, June 08, 2013, 11:02:05 PM »
So I've been playing this and have just finished it.  Phenomenal game overall.  It really captured the feel of the first game a lot, and I liked the choices available.  It's too bad the boss fights force you into a certain play style, but I did manage to get Pacifist and Foxiest of the Hounds on my first playthrough (without realizing they were actual achievements until late in the game).  I guess that shows how much I like stealth gameplay when the option is given.

Edit:  Now I'm going to install and play The Missing Link DLC.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 03:36:16 PM »
GameSpot -> Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut (which was already announced for WiiU) is also coming to PC, PS3, and X360.

Square Enix has confirmed to GameSpot that the upcoming Director's Cut for Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be coming to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC alongside the previously announced Wii U version.

Eidos Montreal's Jean Francois Dugas revealed that the Director's Cut was going multiplatform on GameSpot's E3 2013 Live Show.

No additional information was given, nor did Square Enix confirm whether the Director's Cut would be released separately as DLC for current owners of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The Director's Cut for Deus Ex: Human Revolution includes the Tong's Rescue mission and Missing Link downloadable content, alongside "overhauled" boss battles, "redefined" game balance and combat, "improved" artificial intelligence, and updated graphics.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 05:49:45 AM »
Details on PC upgrade from any Steam-version of DE:HR to the new Director's Cut: how it will be handled & its contents.

Details on the Content of the Director's Cut.
So, you know that awesome game that we released last year, set in a dark cyber-future and featuring a certain augmented Adam Jensen? Well, we’re giving Deus Ex: Human Revolution a bit of an augmentation of its own, in the form of a Director’s Cut version – and we wanted to share some news about the PC release, because there are some cool upgrade options if you bought the original on PC.

Here’s the basic idea – you can buy the game outright, or you can… augment… whichever version you already have. I’ll stop using the a-word now. Sorry.

The Director’s Cut is pretty much the complete package, then. It contains the full Human Revolution game, plus all DLC packs (the Missing Link, the Explosive Mission Pack, and the Tactical Enhancement Pack) – along with some improvements to the boss fights… which you’ll probably find really useful.

Not only that, but there’s a New Game + feature, so you can replay through the action with all your previously-earned upgrades intact (which, trust me, is a LOT of fun), there are developer commentaries (English-only) plus the original Making-of video.

Pricing on buying new copies and/or upgrading:
So – to the upgrades. Here are the deals:

New purchase (if you don’t already have the game): £12.99/€19.99/$19.99
Own the basic game (with no DLC): £6.99/€7.99/$9.99
Own the game and Missing Link DLC: £3.49/€3.99/$4.99

Pretty straightforward, and that means that if you did invest in Human Revolution in the past, we’re not trying to stitch you up with the Director’s Cut, m’kay?

These upgrades apply to the Steam version only, and the game will be available to download on October 22 in North America and the October 25 in PAL territories.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 07:01:38 AM »
I wasn't aware there were non-Steam versions of DX:HR for the PC.

I suppose it's a good opportunity for anyone who really, really wants the Director's Cut.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re:
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 03:24:40 PM »
I wasn't aware there were non-Steam versions of DX:HR for the PC.

I suppose it's a good opportunity for anyone who really, really wants the Director's Cut.
I didn't either. I have a physical retail copy but it uses Steamworks.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 11:28:52 PM »
It's an awesome game but I'm not sure it's good enough to warrant a second playthrough.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, October 13, 2013, 04:40:49 AM »
It's an awesome game but I'm not sure it's good enough to warrant a second playthrough.
I've already gone through the game twice (non-lethal sneaky stealth and then I went for an insane murder brawl). It was alright but I can't see myself replaying it unless the Director's Cut really adds some worthwhile content and improvements. Honestly, I'm mostly curious to see what they did to the boss fights to supposedly "enhance" them.