Author Topic: CRYSIS was so awesome! (Lots of screenies in thumbs. 56k FRIENDLY)  (Read 35065 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: CRYSIS was so awesome! (Lots of screenies in thumbs. 56k FRIENDLY)
« Reply #160 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 06:09:32 PM »
Getting Crysis to run on the Switch is going to be an amazing feat. I mean I know the original wasnt particularly well optimized (I think it was single core only), but still.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #161 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 07:22:00 PM »
@Idol:

Yes, Crysis was single-core only. Which is why it's still tough for some to max-out, as it was never really built for multi-cores.

I am curious on how good (or poorly) this new Crysis Remaster will run, especially on PC.

Gonna be interesting to see how it runs on the Switch too.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 03:03:34 PM »
Eurogamer and Digital Foundry - Crysis: Remastered analysis:

Review - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-crysis-remastered-pc-tech-review

In summary, I'm highly conflicted about Crysis Remastered. I find some of the technological additions and asset work to be brilliant - SVOGI and RT reflections in particular look wonderful - but the legacy art issues and brutal CPU limitations are extremely problematic. Just the basic idea that it's essentially impossible to run a remaster of a 2007 game at 60fps on the fastest gaming CPU available, even with key settings at medium, basically means that there's a fundamental issue here that needs addressing - and that the game should not have released in this state.

Youtube Video: