Author Topic: Wii games for a 7-year-old girl?  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Wii games for a 7-year-old girl?
« on: Sunday, December 09, 2007, 01:49:51 PM »
My daughter is getting a Wii from Santa.  (That official request was a bit of a shock, since it came last week, and the only way to get one now is about $400 on eBay, unless you get lucky.  A cousin is selling us his for $200, so I didn't have to give mine up.  Phew!)  The Wii Sports is what she's thinking, and I'm sure it will keep her entertained for a while, but I was thinking of what else I could throw in.  I looked at Warioware.  Nah.  Too weird.  Mario Party 8917 got horrible reviews.  The game of this type that seems to be on top is Rayman Raving Rabbids, the original one.  It looks like a winner.  Has anyone played it?  Is it too hard for a 7-year-old who doesn't really do much gaming at all?

Any suggestions for cute simple games that make good use of motion control?  The easier and less frustrating, the better.  I think I'll help Santa with Wii Play as well, which has an extra remote, and I haven't even opened it.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
Re: Wii games for a 7-year-old girl?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 09, 2007, 01:54:34 PM »
Monkey Ball wasn't bad, but it got completely hard pretty quickly... that's really the only game that I have personal experience with outside of games that might be on the older side. That is unless she can show us a thing or two on Mario.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 09, 2007, 01:57:53 PM »
I'm ambivalent about SM Galaxy.  It seems like a no-brainer present to go along with the system, but I know it's going to get too hard for her fairly quickly.  Then again, she may be happy as a lark for hours just bouncing around the first little round planet.  Can't tell.  Need to think.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 09, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »
Elebits might be fun for her.  It might get a little tough, but it's not hard to figure out once you get it.  

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 09, 2007, 02:03:10 PM »
I didn't even know about Elebits.  Thanks.  Reading up on it now.

Edit:  That looks pretty good.  I think I'll pick it up and playtest it.   ;D
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 09, 2007, 02:33:33 PM by Cobra951 »

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 09, 2007, 02:33:17 PM »
There's that Cooking Mama game.  I don't know anything about it though.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 09, 2007, 02:44:45 PM »
That's a very good suggestion.  I don't know precisely about the Wii version, but Julia has it for DS and it would be very suitable for a younger gamer.  Think Warioware but much more basic and limited, and centered around cooking food instead of anything too zany.  The only thing that might be weird for a particularly sensitive little one is that Mama tends to get a flaming-eye angry face thing if you fail, haha.  But it's a very easy game, so I'd think a younger one would have pretty good luck with it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 09, 2007, 02:49:27 PM »
What I found funny is that Cobra has a Wii, but his 7 year old kid doesn't. :P

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 09, 2007, 03:01:38 PM »
I read up on Cooking Mama, and it's a solid suggestion as well.  Decisions . . .

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 09, 2007, 03:03:16 PM »
I've played through Rayman: Raving Rabbids and I think it would be fine for a 7 year old difficulty wise, some of the games might be a little hard, but she could probably get the majority of them.  Cooking Mama is probably one of the better suggestions though.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 09, 2007, 03:04:58 PM »
Excellent.  Thanks for both tips, very much.