Author Topic: Bully  (Read 2304 times)

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
Bully
« on: Tuesday, October 03, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »
So this is the game that Jack Thompson was going crazy over. Big news... not really.

Anywho, I noticed the game got it's rating stamp recently and only came up with a T. That's kinda interesting. Given all the controversy do you think Rockstar held some things back or was it always just meant to be silly? I'm guessing the later. Still, seems like this could be asking for more trouble given how fanatical Thompson could be.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Bully
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2006, 02:30:10 PM »
Thompson already started. Theres a hearing scheduled in Miami for Oct 11th against Take2, Walmart, and Gamestop. He's trying to bar the game from releasing.

The judge is expected to beat him over the head with the Constitution.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2006, 02:33:13 PM »
Funny. The game launches next week before that court date... although, it wouldn't be the first time Rockstar had a game pulled from the shelves.

This could be fun though. It's looking like the game's a lot more juvenile (and deliberately juvenile) than it was expected to be. It could blow up a little in Jack Thompson's face.

Edit: I'm wrong. The game launches on the 17th.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 03, 2006, 03:39:19 PM by sirean_syan »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2006, 02:37:28 PM »
Jack Thompson's a pansy!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2006, 05:55:43 PM »
And a fucking idiot.  Game Informer did a great front page spread on the game, and it isn't anything like Jack Thompson thinks it is.  The only reason he's doing all this is because he's too stupid to realize that you can't condemn a game before any facts on it are even released.  If you can find that issue of GI, it's a great read with a lot of cool stuff on the game.  If there's interest, I'd even be happy to transcribe some of the more relevant passages.  It's very much not GTA in a school, though a lot of gameplay elements seem similar.  It isn't gratuitously violent, and you aren't necessarily always some bad kid.  There are a bunch of factions around the school, and you sort of compete for their attentions, and doing things for one faction might piss off another.  The game actually looks really amazing.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 07, 2006, 10:55:02 PM »
I haven't really been following Bully, but has Rockstar said anything on "possibly" bringing it to the PC?