Author Topic: Burger King to release Xbox/X360 games this holiday  (Read 2507 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Burger King to release Xbox/X360 games this holiday
« on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 10:26:01 AM »
Haha!

Pocketbike Racer will feature a number of Burger King mascots, including the King, the Subservient Chicken, the Whopper Jr., and former host of E!'s Wild On series, Brooke Burke. Five levels will be included, as will multiplayer races for four people on the same Xbox or Xbox 360, or eight people online over Xbox Live.

Big Bumpin' also takes a lineup of BK mascots and pits them against one another in vehicular competition, but this game isn't a race so much as a bumper-car ride. The game features a number of theme-park settings and on-track hazards like saws and bottomless pits, as well as bump-pumping power-ups. Big Bumpin' will also have four-player action and online multiplayer support.

Finally, Sneak King takes the stealth action genre and puts it to a friendlier use than usual. Instead of tiptoeing behind enemy guards to silently snap their necks, players will sneak up on hungry people to surprise them with offerings of Burger King food. Gamers will have to sneak up on people in a logging yard, a construction site, downtown, and the suburbs, and they will be graded on their performance "based on how elaborate the delivery is executed."

This is hilarious. I have to get these games! They are $4 with the purchase of a value meal starting Nov 19th.

It appears that the fast-food promotional tie-in isn't the only first that can be attributed to these games. "These are not backward-compatible original Xbox games, but truly designed and developed for each platform separately," the Burger King representative said. "There are two versions on each disc, specifically made for each platform. This has never been done before for a title."
Thats pretty interesting.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 10:59:52 AM by idolminds »

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: Burger King to release Xbox/X360 games this holiday
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 10:43:46 AM »
I hope Brooke Burke is nekkid
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 08:30:40 PM »
That's funny.  BK has actually managed all right with its new marketing campaigns.  If they actually got some decent people to make the games, they could be amusing.  I can actually say that I wouldn't mind watching the King try to out-stunt the Chicken on motorcycles.  I don't know why, but that would amuse me.

Still, my guess is that this is going to be a load of crap.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 05, 2006, 01:26:20 PM »
Wow, what a really cool marketing technique for a fast food restaurant.  If I had an Xbox I would definately get them.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 12:45:45 AM »
I remember there being a Burger King game on the Atari back in the day.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 06:29:29 AM »
Are you talking about Burger Time?  I don't think that was a Burger King game.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 09:33:26 AM »
No, it wasn't.  It was also on NES.  I owned it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 10:42:58 AM »
God, as if kids aren't already fat enough. I'm sure that this is going to work great, its a brilliant idea if they market it right, theres nothing like video games to draw in kids. I wonder how horrendus the games are, though. $4 is barely enough to cover the disk for the 360.