Author Topic: Red Faction: Guerrilla -> Re-Mars-Tered Edition released (Reply 61)  (Read 14103 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla THREAD - Update: PC system requirements (Reply 38)
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 05:58:30 AM »
RFG on the X360 and PS3 will be getting DLC #3 -- called The Smasher Pack.

With two Red Faction: Guerrilla DLC pack releases in the book, Volition announced their plans for the third release, called The Smasher Pack. It continues the focus on multiplayer that we saw in the second update, bringing eight new maps to the local multiplayer-only Wrecking Crew mode. You'll also find a brand new game mode called Behemoth which has you taking the controls of one of the three types of walkers from the single-player game rather than the usual slate of handheld weapons. That should make it far easier (and more rewarding) to cause as much damage as possible on the new maps.

Volition promises that there's even more to this DLC pack, with two more reveals coming next week with more details about the contents of The Smasher Pack. They did, however, reveal that it will be releasing on October 1 on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for the price of 400 Microsoft Points or $5.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla THREAD - Update: Smasher Pack DLC announced (Reply 40)
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 06:31:31 AM »
8.5 from Gamespot - for RFG PC Version.
Written review.

Single Player Content
It's to the game's credit (and to the credit of its remarkably robust physics engine) that despite repetitiveness, Guerrilla's destruction is engaging and entertaining for the 15 or so hours it will take you to get through the single-player campaign.

The first DLC episode--Demons of the Badlands--is also included with the PC game and adds an extra few hours of solo destruction. Even after you finish the main game, you can go back into the world to complete any missions you may have skipped, as well as try your hand at the "insane" difficulty level you'll unlock after your first run through.

The game is quite challenging even at lower difficulty levels, and you'll find yourself pushed to survive most large-scale fights at medium difficulty. Guerrilla has a cover function which will let you stick to walls, but it's not something you can rely on--you'll sometimes fail to stick to objects properly (particularly low bits of cover), and popping out to shoot can cause you to leave cover completely.

PC Version Has Extra Multiplayer Content (Consoles Have Yet To Receive)
When it comes to multiplayer, the PC version trumps the console games because it has more maps and a new mode called Bagman. The maps are a mix of already released DLC and yet-to-be-released content, so while they're nothing PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 owners are locked out of, they are a welcome freebie.

Guerrilla's online component, in fact, is a definite winner; while the player population on Windows Live was a bit sparse, games ran almost completely lag-free during testing, with the most noticeable issue being an occasional lapse between hitting an object with the sledgehammer and seeing it crumble. There's also an offline multiplayer mode called Wrecking Crew, where up to four players can take turns doing as much damage as they can to a certain area. Wrecking Crew is a fun little distraction at best, and it probably won't hold your interest considering the large scope of the game's online multiplayer offerings.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla THREAD - Update: Smasher Pack DLC announced (Reply 40)
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 03:27:03 PM »
RFG is $19.99 on Impulse this weekend.
DRM over Impulse = Impulse GOO.

Keep in mind, you could get RFG for $15.99, if you use your SURVEY-2009 coupon (good til Nov. 1st).

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla
« Reply #44 on: Friday, December 25, 2009, 10:07:22 PM »
Wow, seems like a pretty good deal.  I might jump on that.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, December 26, 2009, 07:08:35 AM »
Wow, seems like a pretty good deal.  I might jump on that.

I jumped.
Now, I need to finish some games (DAO and GTA4) so I can get to it! :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla - Update: RFG PC is $9.99 on G4WL (Reply 46)
« Reply #47 on: Friday, April 02, 2010, 08:48:31 PM »
Looks like RFG PC should be getting a new patch soon, since Microsoft has approved it...

Some patch notes for Patch #2 for RFG PC.

Listed below is a the list of fixes Reactor Zero has been working on, and implemented into this patch. These are mostly a combination of feedback and change requests gathered from the community at large. If you have any questions, please ask in the following thread, as this thread is only for information.

* DirectX 9 or 10 selection will now be available using the "-nod3d10" launcher parameter.
    * Fine Aim can now be toggled at any time except for sprinting.
    * An option for "V-Sync" will be added to the "Options" menu.
    * Fixed an issue with weapon selection sticking.
    * Fixed Siege and Damage Control target indicators so they will now stay in position within 16:10 resolutions.
    * Fixed an error in the resolution list where previously only 16 resolutions could be shown at once.
    * Fixed an error where an "Enter" hint was being displayed during auto-saving.
    * Windows 7 / Vista speed-up issue.
    * Launcher should now default to "Normal" priority.
    * Turret speed will be getting tweaked again.

Not being fixed:

* Microphone indicators within matchmaking lobby. Unfortunately, we cannot fix this as it is an issue that is specific to GFWL. We have contacted GFWL about this and hopefully they will provide a fix in the future.

Thanks again to everyone for their patience and reporting of issues within RFG PC.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, April 03, 2010, 02:32:30 AM »
So, um, did this turn out any good?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, April 03, 2010, 07:08:28 AM »
I bought it for $10 during Steam's 2009 X-Mas Sale.
I have yet to take the time to download it and install it from Steam.

GameSpot did give RFG PC a 8.5.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, April 03, 2010, 07:42:23 AM »

yes. i played through this recently on the 360 and it's a lot of fun. it's got mechs, jetpacks, and you can blow the fuck out of everything. it starts off good, but gets completely awesome about halfway through. well worth a go.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, April 03, 2010, 11:24:27 AM »
I've been meaning to get this for awhile but it seems like ever since Steam and other online stores became big, PC games don't hit the bargain bit quite like they used to.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, June 05, 2010, 09:17:29 AM »
Just got this game on Impulse for $19.99.  It's 6 GB, so I probably won't be able to play it until late tonight.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, June 05, 2010, 09:21:09 AM »
Just got this game on Impulse for $19.99.  It's 6 GB, so I probably won't be able to play it until late tonight.
Sweet! :)
So, yeah - once you get into it, I'd like to hear what you think of it. :)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 06:41:07 PM »
So I put a couple of hours into it so far.  It's okay so far.  Not great but not bad.  The keyboard and mouse controls are pretty clunky for some reason.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 07:58:24 PM »
So I put a couple of hours into it so far.  It's okay so far.  Not great but not bad.  The keyboard and mouse controls are pretty clunky for some reason.

Does it support a PC gamepad?
X360 gamepad?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 08:32:20 PM »
I'm sure it does, but my wireless thing for my Xbox 360 controller isn't working so I have no way to tell.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Re: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 08:54:23 PM »
Red Faction: Guerrilla on PC is dropping G4WL and DX10 support.
Steamworks + DX9 support already under-way in Beta.

In that article, someone from Nordic Games said that Microsoft's support of DX10 was poor. I wish they would actually be journalists and delve into that a little bit more. That was the first videogame journalism article I read in quite awhile and it is a pretty sad state of affairs.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla -> PC version dropping G4WL + DX10; Steamworks in Beta.
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 01:56:14 PM »
"Seriously DX10 in Red Faction Guerrilla was just a marketing gag as there was no real advantage."

Wow, talk about spitting in the eye of Microsoft.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 07:00:30 AM »
yes. i played through this recently on the 360 and it's a lot of fun. it's got mechs, jetpacks, and you can blow the fuck out of everything. it starts off good, but gets completely awesome about halfway through. well worth a go.

This is now FREE on the 360 until the end of the month (for Gold members).  I had totally ignored it across the years, until this morning.  Very cool.  So cool in fact that I'm having more fun with it than the new-gen stuff I'm starting to dabble in.  For free, it's literally a steal.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla -> PC version dropping G4WL + DX10; Steamworks in Beta.
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, July 04, 2018, 05:05:25 AM »
RFG: Re-Mars-Tered Edition just got released on Steam yesterday:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/667720/Red_Faction_Guerrilla_ReMarstered/

For all of you Steam-version owners of RF: Guerrilla - go check your Steam account!
It's been added to your account for FREE!!!

Otherwise, it's $10 (50% off on sale) on Steam right now.

GOG also now has RFG: Re-Mars-Tered for $10 (on sale) also, if you want it DRM-FREE and on GOG:
https://www.gog.com/game/red_faction_guerrilla_remarstered