Author Topic: FF XII is fine. Controller & user fucked up.  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
FF XII is fine. Controller & user fucked up.
« on: Thursday, February 07, 2008, 05:27:20 PM »
I'm about to break the fucking disc in half and pitch it out the window.  Somehow, the camera decided to move up to a 3/4 perspective and stay there.  I have no idea what the fuck I did to make that happen, and I have no fucking idea how to make it go back to normal.  It doesn't matter if I reset all settings to default, and it doesn't even matter if I choose a save game before this bullshit decided to ruin my day.  I've been checking online for a while, and I can't find an answer.  Que, any ideas?  Thanks.

Edit:  Bah!  Defective controller.  I knew the left stick was going bad, because it was leaking some sort of thick oily stuff.  The funny thing is that the right stick controls the camera, and that's what failed.  It hit me all of a sudden, because I could get no vertical response at all from the right stick.  Stupid thing.  I had picked up a replacement in expectation of left-stick failure, so all better now.

So, false alarm.  Look and feel like a tool, but a relieved tool.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: FF XII is fine. Controller & user fucked up.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 07, 2008, 07:59:01 PM »
Heh, nothing like relief to make your day feel less like total crap.  Glad to hear it wasn't some horrible bug or something.  It's a lot nicer when the explanation turns out to be a simple and easy fix, even if it takes a little longer than you'd like to find it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 07, 2008, 11:37:59 PM »

Edit:  it was leaking some sort of thick oily stuff. 

This interests the engineer inside me. 

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 07, 2008, 11:57:28 PM »
Yeah, I've broken many controllers and none have had thick oily stuff leaking out of them.
* Ghandi questions how Cobra is using his controllers...