Author Topic: New Guitar Hero 2 preview  (Read 2580 times)

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
New Guitar Hero 2 preview
« on: Thursday, October 05, 2006, 11:53:46 PM »
Gamespot just threw up a new preview to Guitar Hero 2 and it looks awesome so far, some of the other videos of the songs on there look insanely hard, "Mirsirlou" by Dick Dale looks fucking insane.

Offline ren

• Veteran
Re: New Guitar Hero 2 preview
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 10:31:08 PM »
That video of Mirsirlou is only hard mode though. It seems doable without too much work though, expert might be a different story. I can't wait for this game.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 08, 2006, 11:24:18 AM »
For any of you interested, the November PSM has a demo of Guitar Hero 2 with 4 songs. You'd need to have a Guitar Hero controller to get full use out of it though.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 08, 2006, 06:11:27 PM »
How well (if at all) do these games control with the standard Dual Shock 2 controller?  I've been trying out Gitaroo Man Lives! on the PSP (surprisingly liking it), and I watched that playback of Misirlou like 5 times.  I just cannot see me holding a guitar-like accessory in front of a PC screen, and going wild. It's just not me.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 08, 2006, 09:56:30 PM »
How well (if at all) do these games control with the standard Dual Shock 2 controller?  I've been trying out Gitaroo Man Lives! on the PSP (surprisingly liking it), and I watched that playback of Misirlou like 5 times.  I just cannot see me holding a guitar-like accessory in front of a PC screen, and going wild. It's just not me.

The game works fine with a Dual Shock 2 controller, it just isn't nearly as fun as using the guitar controller. You use the R and L buttons along with some face buttons and you use the analog stick for the whammy bar if I remember correctly. The guitar contoller isn't all that cumbersome either and after awhile it feels natural, you should give the game a try at a place where they have a demo of it set up like Wal Mart or Best Buy.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 09, 2006, 07:00:22 AM »
It's not worth playing it with the controller. It does work, but it's not fun. There's always a kiosk at futureshop or best buy here where you could try it. Playing a song on easy difficulty will there will show you roughly how the game works.