Author Topic: Zero Punctuation: Painkiller  (Read 3258 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Zero Punctuation: Painkiller
« on: Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 03:29:04 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Zero Punctuation: Painkiller
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 03:46:39 PM »
Just watched it -- sweet review. :)

For some reason, if anyone who like old-school shooters w/ not much of a  story and ridiculous amounts of level types, enemy types, violence, gore, and 50 enemies on screen at once  just should not miss Painkiller + Painkiller: Battle out of Hell (expansion).

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 05:01:53 PM »
Thank you for that link.  Great fun was had by all.  Now I'm tempted to go play this.  I still have it installed.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 08:24:49 PM »
It's amazing that this guy still hasn't lost his charm even after doing this for a while.  That was probably the best one I've seen yet, and it pretty much perfectly echoes my own sentiments about the game, including how the level design is awesome (damn you ridiculous load times).  I feel bad I never finished the expansion, and I've yet to buy that uh... I forget the name of it.  The thing that isn't Painkiller 2 even though it kind of is.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 08:49:30 PM »
It's amazing that this guy still hasn't lost his charm even after doing this for a while.  That was probably the best one I've seen yet, and it pretty much perfectly echoes my own sentiments about the game, including how the level design is awesome (damn you ridiculous load times).  I feel bad I never finished the expansion, and I've yet to buy that uh... I forget the name of it.  The thing that isn't Painkiller 2 even though it kind of is.

Painkiller: Overdose.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 22, 2008, 10:01:47 AM »
Heh, Valve put a banner ad up for Painkiller on the main Steam page that says "Includes guns that shoot shurikens and lightning!"

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 22, 2008, 10:11:54 AM »
Best. review. ever.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 22, 2008, 01:28:22 PM »
Heh, Valve put a banner ad up for Painkiller on the main Steam page that says "Includes guns that shoot shurikens and lightning!"

Awesome!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 02:57:04 PM »
Painkiller: Black Edition (Painkiller + BOOH Expansion) has joined the GOG Club for $9.99.
Since this is GOG, that's right -- NO DRM involved.

New release: Painkiller
38 comments
Jan 27, 2009

JoWood is making its appearance on GOG.com with a big bang! Painkiller Black Edition - the bloody good FPS from People Can Fly is now available for $9.99!

To anyone who likes a fast-paced game, especially if it's a first-person shooter, Painkiller is the embodiment of awesomeness. As a tough, strong-willed man trapped in Purgatory, you're tasked with killing Lucifer's generals before you can ascend into Heaven. Between you and your goal stand uncountable hordes of enemies. Lucky for you you've got a unique arsenal of weapons at your disposal, from the brutal Stake Gun to the Electro, which shoots shuriken and lightning. To make things even more enjoyable, heavy metal music accompanies every second of combat. Awesome game, 'nuff said.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »
ROFL, I'm signing up for my GOG.com account so I can buy it, and it wants my gender. The options are:

Guy
Dude
Gentleman
Chap
Bredda
Bad bwai
Lady
Girl
Hottie
Chixor
Grrl
Missy
Dawta
Funky Monkey
Xippie
Pirate
Ninja
Jedi

GOG.com won't accept my card info, anyone ever had that problem? It's telling me that either I put in my info wrong, or my bank is refusing the payment. Not sure why the second would happen, and I'm triple checked that I'm putting in my info correctly.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 06:08:47 PM »
I never had an issue with credit cards with GOG.

Though, maybe this will help...

1. What payment methods do you accept?
Currently we can accept payments using Visa and MasterCard cards and PayPal.

2. I've received a payment processing error. What now?
If you've received a payment processing error don't worry, you won't be billed. You can try entering your payment details again by clicking the “Retry payment” button. Just please double-check your security code and card expiration date before clicking “Process my order now”. If the problem happens again, contact our Support team via the "My orders and payments" contact form. Please include as much information as possible, including steps that you've taken so far and any errors received, but DO NOT include your card number or security code!

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 06:37:37 PM »
I guess I'll contact them and see where that gets me. I tried to put my info in 5 different times with the same results, and I see no reason why it should be rejected.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 06:47:22 PM »
Maybe it's just overly strict?  This was a huge problem for PSN initially.  If you didn't input your address 100%, letter-for-letter the way it was stored at the bank, you couldn't buy anything.  For anyone living in an apartment like myself, that was a nightmare.  I don't know if it was #### Apt. #87, or APT 87, or APT. 87, or Apt #87 or any of the bajillion combos it could have been.  I didn't hear about that being an issue with GOG, though.  Hope you get it worked out, it's one of the few new services to come around that I really think is fantastic and worth supporting.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 08:04:30 PM »
I'm thinking it might have to do with my name. My full legal name is Rober M Hendrix Jr. So do I put periods after M and Jr? Do I leave the Jr off? (I've seen some sites automatically drop the Jr off my name even though I put it in) Do I leave out the middle initial?

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 08:19:25 AM »
Apparently my bank was automatically declining the transaction because gog.com is based outside the US. When I called them they showed that I had tried to make the purchase 11 times rofl. It's all good now, and the game is downloading.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 08:39:14 AM »
I see the problem wasn't name related, but if it helps in the future generally they want you to type in your name just like it appears on your credit card.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 08, 2009, 06:21:03 AM »
GOG.com has updated PK: Black Edition with some more extras now:
--Hi-Res Wallpapers
--Heavy Metal Soundtrack (from the game)

This time we have something special for all fans of fast-paced FPS action. You gave a very warm welcome to Painkiller Black Edition, so it's even bigger pleasure for us to add more cool stuff to this awesome game. With today's update of the bonus materials we're adding: avatars, a set of beautiful, hi-res wallpapers and a heavy metal soundtrack to add the icing on the cake! The additional materials are available, after you purchase the game, on the “My Account” page.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, July 04, 2010, 07:16:31 PM »