Author Topic: Dark Messiah of Might & Magic goes GOLD -- Due Oct. 24th, 2006  (Read 2898 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic goes GOLD -- Due Oct. 24th, 2006
« on: Monday, October 09, 2006, 10:56:15 AM »
Dark Messiah goes gold, due out Oct 24th:
http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=71719

Gold - Dark Messiah of Might and Magic [October 09, 2006, 1:45 pm ET] - Viewing Comments
Ubisoft announces that Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is gold, and the action/RPG based on the Might and Magic strategy series is due in North American stores on October 24:

SAN FRANCISCO – October 9, 2006 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announces that Dark Messiah of Might and Magic™ has gone gold and is scheduled for North American release on October 24, 2006.

Developed in conjunction with Ubisoft, Arkane Studios (for single-player) and Kuju Entertainment (for multiplayer), Dark Messiah of Might and Magic puts players in a first-person perspective, allowing them to encounter ferocious combat within a dark and expansive fantasy environment.

Powered by an enhanced version of the award-winning Source™ Engine created by Valve for its Half-Life®2 video game, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic allows players to immerse themselves in an environment that responds and envelops them like never before, thanks to the Source Engine’s exceptional technological enhancements in areas such as character animation, advanced AI, real-world physics and shader-based rendering.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic will be available for PC at the manufacturer's suggested retail price of $49.99.

For more news and information on Dark Messiah Might and Magic, please visit the game’s official website at www.mightandmagic.com.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Dark Messiah of Might & Magic goes GOLD -- Due Oct. 24th, 2006
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 09, 2006, 01:19:59 PM »
Preparing wallet to jettison wad of cash.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 09, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »
This one is going to be a clearance buy for me. I dunno...it seems cool but I have this feeling its not going to live up to the hype.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 09, 2006, 01:38:27 PM »
You might be right.. Actually, wait! Splinter Cell DA will be released on Oct 19! DM will have to wait. I've been waiting (and replaying previous Splinter Cells) too long! Stealth game comes first!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 09, 2006, 03:01:46 PM »
You might be right.. Actually, wait! Splinter Cell DA will be released on Oct 19! DM will have to wait. I've been waiting (and replaying previous Splinter Cells) too long! Stealth game comes first!

I been playing the first SC. I like it, but it's nothing great. Still good, though.

Which of the 3 SC's so far do you like best???
Have you played Chaos Theory, dealing w/ StarForce and all? :P

Me, I think it'd take probably Dark Messiah over the next SC: Double Agent.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 09, 2006, 03:27:48 PM »
My brother recently got really big into SC. I bought that Tom Clancy Xbox 3 pack for $4, SC was one of the games. He really liked it, beat it, bought Chaos Theory, beat it, and now is going to get Pandora Tomorrow. Yes, I know hes playing them out of order.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 09, 2006, 04:54:14 PM »
I've played all 3 Splinter Cells. My favourite has to be Chaos Theory, especially the co-op multiplayer mode!

Starforce was a bit of a bitch, but when I got the game I had no idea it had Starforce. Either way I would have bought it! The deal was too good to pass up! It was a Collector's Edition that was $10 less than the standard retail! It was the last copy at Futureshop, it was my birthday, so I went for it :P

From what've played of teh Dark messiah demo, I'm really looking forward to the full game. I know I'm gonna play it like a first-person stealth game ;D