Author Topic: Anyone softmod their xbox?  (Read 2492 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Anyone softmod their xbox?
« on: Tuesday, October 10, 2006, 12:49:09 PM »
I was thinking of doing this to ours. Might be fun loading up some emulators and stuff.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Anyone softmod their xbox?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2006, 03:38:44 PM »
Good idea. A friend of mine modded his Xbox and now he has Doom II on it! :P I've seen Quake 3 Arena on the Xbox as well (the PC version).

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2006, 04:15:21 PM »
Mine is.  But my friend did it for me so I am not sure how it is done.  I use my Xbox now primarily as a DivX/XviD movie player.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2006, 09:27:58 PM »
I've thought about it, and I found a really good tutorial at one point, but then it seemed like a fair ammount of work (in reality it's probably really easy) and I didn't want to track down the game neccesary to do it so I never bothered.  But now that you bring it up maybe I should look at it again. 

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2006, 09:39:58 PM »
Huh, found a tutorial here. Doesnt sound so hard. Just have to get an Action Replay, and I recently got a copy of Splinter Cell.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 01:03:25 AM »
Interesting, that's a lot easier then the other one I found.  The other one required you to have Agent under fire, a memory card, action replay, and then to hook your pc directly to your xbox.  In retrospect, it was probably a tutorial for making the xbox an ftp or something which would require the softmod (I have no idea why else you'd want to directly connect it to your pc).

Maybe I should get on that then.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 01:54:27 AM »
We used to hook up the Xbox to the PC just to use the PC as a server with XB-Connect. It's a better alternative to Xbox Live, i.e. it's FREE! It basically acts just like any multiplayer game you've ever played: start a server, join a server etc. And you just connect to it with your Xbox.