Author Topic: Rock Band: The Beatles  (Read 1719 times)

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Rock Band: The Beatles
« on: Wednesday, June 03, 2009, 03:50:34 PM »
I don't even have a console much less Rock Band but this trailer for the game has to rank up there for best video game ad ever. I might just be saying that because I'm a big fan of The Beatles >.>

Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline ren

• Veteran
Re: Rock Band: The Beatles
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2009, 06:56:54 PM »
http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/cinematic.php for hi-res.

I'm not a big fan of The Beatles but that's a sweet trailer

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2009, 07:17:08 PM »
oh wow that MUCH better..thanks!
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 08, 2009, 10:12:36 PM »
A CNN interview with Giles Martin, who mixed the music for the game.  He is George Martin's son.  There's a lot of back story there.  I thought it was a good read.

Happy 9/9/09.  Game releases today.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 08, 2009, 11:31:55 PM »
I think the music game phenomenon is kind of retarded, and I don't really like the Beatles all that much, but that trailer was pretty epic.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 09, 2009, 12:21:43 PM »
The cinematic opening is as epic as I've seen.  Love it.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 09, 2009, 02:45:50 PM »
8.0 from IGN for PS3, X360 and Wii.

First and foremost, you have to like The Beatles to even bother with the third iteration in the Rock Band series. After all, there are only 45 songs on disc, all of them coming from The Beatles' brief but prolific recording career. The Beatles: Rock Band can't interface with the previous two games and all upcoming Beatles downloadable content is only usable with this game. It is a singular entity -- a sort of private Hall of Fame for the greatest band that ever lived.

Limited Edition Content
The $250 box set for The Beatles: Rock Band comes with the game (which retails for $59.99), a set of Ringo-styled drums, a wired mic, a mic stand, some postcards of The Beatles, and a very attractive replica of Paul McCartney's Hofner bass. It's basically what you get with Rock Band 2, only with a bonus mic stand and an extra $60 slapped onto the price. That's right, you get the same basic set for $60 more because it's got The Beatles license.

Had the Limited Edition come with a second guitar or three wireless mics, perhaps the price would be justified. But this is plain and simple a rip off. Ringo's drums don't look that great and the lack of a wireless mic is a real shocker. The only thing commendable about this set is the amazing reproduction of McCartney's bass guitar. The body is absolutely gorgeous. This is, without question, the coolest looking plastic guitar so far released by any music game. It looks great, but unfortunately, it plays poorly.

No advancements have been made from the previous Rock Band 2 guitar. The buttons are loose, the strum bar still feels mushy and it just doesn't feel right in my hands. The only smart thing done with this version is that tapping the Start button won't pause the game. Instead you have to hold the button for a few seconds, preventing accidental pausing during play. There are also a set of buttons at the base of the neck for solos, but they're hardly good enough to merit the cover price.

Normally, Limited Edition packages receive the same score as the normal games. That's because the software is the star and these bonus items don't really change what is on disc. The Beatles Limited Edition breaks that standard. This set is so overpriced and the guitars functionality so mediocre, that I could not possibly leave this at the disc's original 9.0 score. I've dropped the final score on this set a full point, in hopes of warning people off. If you need instruments, consider purchasing some from Activision's Guitar Hero series, which are compatible with The Beatles: Rock Band.