Author Topic: Public Enemies  (Read 2735 times)

Offline beo

• Veteran
Public Enemies
« on: Friday, July 03, 2009, 04:06:13 PM »
what a load of shit.

dull as hell and utterly pointless. been there done that and thousands of times better. there's around about twenty minutes of plot stuffed into a film that feels like it's five hours long.

every now and again it picks up, but the long periods in between aren't worth the wait.

take this as a warning.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Public Enemies
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 03, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »
That's disappointing to hear.  I still want to see it nonetheless.  It looks a lot more interesting than Transformers.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 03, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »
Ouch, I was definitely interested as Im always hoping it's going to be the next Heat. Ah well, I don't think anything Micheal Mann will do will ever top that.  

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 05, 2009, 04:06:58 PM »
Yeah, what Pyro said...

Offline wizall

« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 06, 2009, 08:41:16 AM »
His last two movies were kind of dog shit (if you include this one, which I have yet to see). A shame. Heat's a classic, of course, and the Insider is one of my favorite films of all time. And, actually, I enjoyed the shit out of Collateral. I don't know what the deal with this latest trend. Is he losing it? Or is it just a losing streak soon to be dealt with?

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 06, 2009, 08:47:29 AM »
I usually disregard what critics say, but this movie has been unanimously been panned as crap.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 06, 2009, 08:48:56 AM »
I have to say I wasn't a huge fan of Heat.  It is one of the slowest-paced movies I've ever seen.  I've tried to watch it many times and just can't get through it.

It's a shame this movie turned out badly.  I like Johnny Depp and he can usually elevate a bad movie.  Oh well.  Guess this saves me a few bucks.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 04:59:53 PM »
Just watched this.

Am I the only person that liked the film?  :o

This felt a lot more like an action-movie than say a biopic - but I think that was the point. It felt like it was putting me in the moment, b/t these two guys - Pervis and Dillinger. I wasn't bored or anything. There's definitely a lack of presentation on the story and characters in this flick - but I didn't hate it by any means.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 05:39:17 PM »
Just watched this.

Am I the only person that liked the film?  :o

No, I liked it too.