Author Topic: I had a great flight yesterday  (Read 1113 times)

Offline ren

• Veteran
I had a great flight yesterday
« on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 02:29:06 PM »
I love flying Westjet. The flight attendant started singing Fernando over the PA but replacing Fernando with Westjet.

Then the pilot came on and wanted to start with "Another successful story" but stumbled on success and "Another sex story". The flight attendants all started laughing and yelling whoooooo. The pilot came back on the PA and embarassingly corrected himself.

Once we landed we got stuck on the runway waiting for a gate to be free so the first flight attendant sang a song from Barney but changed the lyrics so that the new message was if you married a flight attendant you get to fly for free. All the passengers were laughing and clapping, it was great.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: I had a great flight yesterday
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 02:54:42 PM »
Sounds like Southwest.  I used to fly Southwest all the time when I dated that girl from LA.  Good times.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 10:01:04 PM »
That makes sense, Southwest and Westjet are in on the action together now.

I didn't realize this was an old thing. I've flown Westjet 5 or 6 times in the last couple of years and it's never happened to me before.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 10:05:38 PM »
I don't think it's the kind of thing they do all the time, but they're sort of known for not being very serious.  Well, at least Southwest.  Sometimes you'd get a relatively normal flight, but usually they're cracking jokes and stuff.  I haven't flown with them in a long time so I didn't even know if they still did it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野